AutoWear Screens are sent to watch, but nothing else

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Keith Jones, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Keith Jones

Keith Jones New Member

Really impressed with the Autowear app so far. Using it with Huawei on AW 2.0. Issue is when running the Help->Examples all the screens appear on the watch fine. However, floating icons and notifications do not appear. I think I have all the permissions on, but maybe I'm missing something?

2. Keith Jones

Keith Jones New Member

I found a post on the Autowear Google+ forum from Chon Wang on Apr 23, 2015 that gave me a clue about the notifications. I modified your test notification and set the priority to High and then the notification started appearing on the watch.
    And the problem with the floating icon was the icon referenced in the generated example no longer exists on the drop box site. I changed it to a local icon and it appeared on the watch.
    I would like to say that Autowear is really a huge help. I was able to create an "in-call" management screen that lets me manage phone calls (mute mic, hang up, vol up/down) that stays visible until the call ends. I couldn't find an existing app on the play store that did something similar that actually worked, and I think I tried them all. I was really missing that functionality after switching away from my Pebble (may it rest in peace).
    So I'm all good now, thanks. Hopefully this post will help some other poor newbie.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for following up! :) Glad you're enjoying the app!