AutoInput Smart Unlock By Face with Tasker

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by m1st0, Jun 3, 2018.

1. m1st0

m1st0 New Member

While going over the option to overcome the swipe gesture if your face is detected, the closest tutorial was to have AutoInput disable keyguard. However, I wanted to see if Tasker could also work since I have a rooted phone.

This solution needs root privileges without Accessibility while AutoInput does not require root.

Needed items are Android with:

• Enabled Smart lock in active Trust agents within Settings > Security & location > Trust agents,
    • Set up Trusted face in Smart lock in Settings > Security & location > Smart lock
    • Tasker has root privileges
    Successful steps:
    • In Tasker Vars, create variable named %TrustedFace and set to 0
    • Create Tasker task named accordingly
    • Add Wait step with 500ms ; You may find shorter times are available to complete this task.
    • Add Run Shell step with dumpsys trust | sed -n '5p' | cut -d',' -f4 | cut -d'=' -f2 , Use Root on, and Store Output In %TrustedFace
    • Add Run Shell step with input swipe 540 1915 540 960, Use Root on, and IF %TrustedFace ~ 1 ; I did not find the keyguard off nor the toggle step working, so I manually swiped upward using half my resolution (540) in the horizontal direction and somewhat from the bottom to halfway up vertically ; Your swipe gesture may need to be adjusted
    • In Tasker Profiles, create a profile that uses the previous task on the Display On Event. Do not confuse this with State > Display.
    Attached is the XML. You likely will find the AutoInput way easier and more supportive of the developer, but this was an interesting challenge to understand manually.

Attached Files:

2. luks_abido

luks_abido New Member

Really cool.
    Now it may be possible to detect face/smart lock with the new logcat events.
    Should be more reliable and quicker.