AutoNotification Status Bar Icon Manual, Files not working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Khaled w, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

in Icon choosing for the status bar, there is the option for File, which is not working,
    how can we use that?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What happens when you try to use it? What Android version are you using and what device?

3. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

I am on Samsung Note 4, ver 6.0.1
    - If I use "Status Bar icon Manual/App Icons" it uses the app icon I used, so it works
    - If I use "Status Bar icon Manual/Ipack" I get immediately the message the ipack has stopped before opening the ipack and I don't even get to choose an icon
    - If I use "Status Bar icon Manual/Files" The icon that is chosen on "Status Bar Icon" is shown

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Samsung has a bug on Android 6 on some devices that makes the app crash when using manual status bar icons, so I disabled that. Sorry!

Khaled w likes this.
  5. Khaled w

Khaled w Member

Just for other people in case some one is looking for a solution,
    I was able to solve using custom icons for notification in this method (Needs rooted device)

1- Install original ipack package from "http://ipack.dinglisch.net/download.html" let's say, "XXXXXX"' (hope the createo doesn't mind)
    2- Copy "base.apk" from "Device/data/app/net.dinglisch.ipack.XXXXXX" to SdCard
    3- Copy "base.apk" to computer
    4- Open "base.apk" with winrar (do not unrar)
    5- Make two copies of each custom icon you want, edit them to be "PNG" and have same sizes of the ones inside "base.apk/res/drawable" (128x128 and 25x25). and rename them with same names(rename with "originalname" and "originalname"_)
    6- Copy new named icons back to "base.apk/res/drawable" to overwrite old ones
    7- Copy "base.apk" to SdCard
    8- Delete original "base.apk" from "Device/data/app/net.dinglisch.ipack.XXXXXX"
    9- Copy new "base.apk" to "Device/data/app/net.dinglisch.ipack.XXXXXX"
    10- Check in Tasker to make sure icons are changed
    11- in "Lucky Patcher" long click on "XXXXXX" and choose "Create Modified APK-APK with changed Permissions and Activities"
    12- Uninstall "XXXXXX" from device
    13 Install new "XXXXXX" from "Device/sdcard/Apk/Modified"
    now you will have your new icons with the same ipack package name XXXXXX
    PS.: the new package can be installed on any other device directly