AutoPebble Strange behavior with AutoPebble Lists

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by John Martin, Apr 13, 2015.

1. John Martin

John Martin New Member

I've been enjoying AutoPebble -- it's a great addition to your suite of Auto apps!

However, I have a problem that is dramatically reducing its usefulness. I followed your tutorial to create my first AutoPebble menu screen on the Pebble. It worked the first time, but after that first run, things are very, very sketchy. About 90% of the time when I open the Pebble AutoPebble App, the menu does not get properly populated. Sometimes, I get the screen you get when you haven't set up the right Tasker profile. Sometimes I get a blank screen. Sometimes, the second menu item is corrupted in apparently random way (it looks like a buffer problem -- the item gets pre or postpended with bits of strings that the app had seen before.)

When I created my own Home screen, the problems did not change -- although when they go wrong, one of the fascinating new things is that the original tutorial menu is shown instead! This despite the fact that I've deleted the tutorial profiles and tasks completely, rebooted everything (including the Pebble), etc. I'm not sure where the original menu got stored...

As a side note, it seems that this mechanism will work 100% of the time after I've rebooted both the phone and the watch and use it the first time. After that, everything fails most of the time.

Can anyone help me with this? Not being able to use the menu really limits the usefulness of this...

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The tutorial screen is stored on the watch itself, that's why it always shows when it fails to set the list screen.
    Unfortunately the Pebble communication protocol seems to have trouble sometimes when sending a slightly larger amount of data on some phones.
    Also, it has been reported that having other pebble apps installed like music boss can result in this behavior. Do you have any other pebble apps installed that communicate with your phone? If so, can you try uninstalling them momentarily to see if it starts working properly?
    Also, what device do you use?
    Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

3. John Martin

John Martin New Member

Yes, in researching this, I learned that some apps like MusicBoss (which I use) can cause problems, so one of my testing steps was to remove all other apps from the pebble (and their associated phone-side apps). This did not have any effect on the symptoms. I didn't go so far as doing a factory reset, though.

I'm using the original Pebble (updated to the latest OS version), and a jailbroken Samsung Galaxy S4.

: pebble