AutoVoice Use Google Assistant for AutoVoice commands

Learn how you can use Join and IFTTT to bring AutoVoice commands to Google Assistant

1. Elizabeth Ellis

Elizabeth Ellis Member

Could you please rephrase your question?

2. JonC

JonC New Member

I am also experiencing this issue. Any way to have the existing set of Google actions and enable Autovoice at the same time? I am using the keyword "Please" - So, "Hey Google Please xxx"

3. Elizabeth Ellis

Elizabeth Ellis Member

Yeah, for this it seems we're gonna have to go all or nothing.
    Like all autovoice or see what google can actually do...

4. JonC

JonC New Member

Maybe when the official AutoVoice + Google Assistant comes along it will work differently
    https://joaoapps.com/autovoice-is-coming-to-google-home-soon/

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You should try to use a less "common" keyword. "Please" is mostly ignored by Google Home lately I guess. So maybe try another type of less common word. Hope this helps

6. Ben

Ben New Member

I figured out the issue. Joao, I'm seeing this when I make a request through Google Assitant (or GH) via IFTTT configuration. If I say "Hey Google tell Jarvis I'm leaving" what comes through to AutoVoice is "Jarvis I ' m leaving" Note the spaces between I ' m which regex wasn't matching. This only occurs when I process through GH/Assistant and IFTTT. Can this be fixed? I added I ' M to the regex but that's cumbersome. Something is not handling the apostrophe correctly and is adding the spaces.
    Thought I was loosing my mind

7. joaomgcd

Sorry, that is being sent by IFTTT that way, so it seems to be a bug in their service :( Not much I can do to help unfortunately.

8. Ben

Ben New Member

Bummer! Okay, well it is what it is. When I trigger an AutoVoice Recognize directly I get a "Received possible commands:" What's generating this? Is it possible to feed the IFTTT result from join back into whatever is giving the list of possible text results to compare in the regex? Fishing for a work around.

9. joaomgcd

That's just an AutoVoice alert showing you that commands were received correctly. To feed the IFTTT result into AutoVoice you should follow the tuturial :) You do that on step 4 of the tutorial.

10. Ben

Ben New Member

I did follow the tutorial and I am feeding it into AutoVoice ;-) Only getting a single result line in the toast with the simulate voice command. Was observing the difference between the two scenarios. :)

11. joaomgcd

Do you mean that when using AutoVoice recognize you get back multiple results? Yeah, that's what happens locally, you can get back up to 5 different results. Unfortunately IFTTT will only send 1 result back, sorry!

12. Rich IV

Rich IV New Member

Is there anyway to break up the GoogleAssistance Channel's text variable, i.e. "$", into two different text variables? I'm trying to send text messages by capturing 1) the name of the contact (to feed into AutoContacts) and 2) a variable for the actual message. Thank you.

13. joaomgcd

I don't think IFTTT allows for that, sorry

Rich IV likes this.
  14. Har02052

Har02052 New Member

I have a Pixel XL and I am trying to get autovoice to intercept Google assistant commands for specific tasks. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I have built a task that I know the task itself works. I absolutely cannot get tasker or autovoice to recognize any phrases spoken into Google.

Steps I have taken:
    -Built a functioning task (go running) which includes mapmyrun, Pandora, and it hooks up my Bluetooth headphones.
    -Profiles, add, event, plugin, autovoice, recognized;
    -Configuration, "the easy way"-commands;
    I then enter a simple command: go running.
    With a simple response: Let's run.
    And I hit the check mark.

I had made sure to allow autovoice within the accessibility settings beforehand.

I then go back to the home screen of my phone and say "OK Google, go running,"
    It brings up a website about running.
    "OK Google, autovoice go running"
    It shows me a link to launch the autovoice app.
    "Ok Google, ask autovoice to go running"
    Same answer, link to app.

What am I doing wrong?

15. joaomgcd

Unfortunately the assistant on phones does not support AutoVoice . Google still hasn't enabled that. It only works on the google home for now sorry!

16. Har02052

Har02052 New Member

So I can tell my google home to intercept that command and it will execute the tasker profile on my phone? But I can't tell my phone to execute the command on my phone. That seems a bit backwards.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17. joaomgcd

Yes it does and we can thank Google for that :p Hopefully they'll enable assistant API access on he pixels soon

18. Har02052

Har02052 New Member

That's super annoying. I guess I wait until we are able to put it on our phones. Or I wait until Google assistant is working on my Nvidia Shield. I returned my Google home because they said that Google Assistant was going to work on Nvidia Shield

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

19. Ilsasta

Ilsasta New Member

Exists a workaround for the assistant in Germany? Unfortunately the ifttt module "google assistant " doesn't work in German.

20. joaomgcd

Har02052 likes this.