AutoInput Using Auto Input in Play Music on Playlists

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Tyler432, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Tyler432

Tyler432 New Member

Hoping I can get some people to help me out because my head is spinning trying to figure out a way to make what I want happen. I'm trying to use Auto input to play and or shuffle playlists I have created automatically. Ive tried multiple ways and they just don't always work everytime. I used Auto Share with a google now text intent and copied the share link to Auto share, which works but only works if I have an internet connection. Ive also used the Auto Share intent that will search and play but thats just a pain because it searches and plays everything and If your playlist isn't a really funky name it usually plays something else. Ive tried using Auto input to go through the menus to get to the playlist screen but that only works if I make sure ive closed the app out of the recent apps page and that tasker starts it with a fresh copy (Since for some reason ever since Nougat tasker doesn't start Play music with a new copy even if you tell it to), and even if it get to the playlist screen it doesnt work because I cant get it to scroll properly down the list to play the right playlist.

So if you didnt get bored reading that mess up there, I could really use some help. I read somewhere that someone was having luck with just having an action with the text "play (Playlist name)" even if the playlist wasnt visible, but that doesn't work for me either. I end up having to scroll down the list till the playlist pops up. Hope someone can help. I NEED IT!

2. Tyler432

Tyler432 New Member

Actually solved this by following the play music tag and figuring out you can use Auto shares media intent with Google play to pull off what I was trying to accomplish. Crisis averted

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad to see you got it! :)