Open Join: Sync'd notifications??

Discussion in 'Join' started by Stolid, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Stolid

Stolid New Member

Maybe I am misunderstanding Join and Notifications:

I bought Join for ONE reason.. I THOUGHT it would acknowledge notifications on ALL my devices if I acknowledge it on any one of them. Is Join designed to work that way?? I started trying to do this with tasker on my own, then Join came out. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it does that except for SMS notifications. :) What part isn't working for you?

3. Stolid

Stolid New Member

Emails, Google Voice for starters... I didn't think that this was program specific, I thought it was based just on notifications. Meaning SMS probably has certain hooks to tell the OS the notification has been acknowledged?

If Join can't do this.. can you tell me how to accomplish it in Tasker?

Thank you for your immediate reply!

4. joaomgcd

Join is certainly able to do this (not for SMS notifications as I mentioned) :) So for example, if you dismiss a GMail notification in Chrome it won't get dismissed on your device?

5. Stolid

Stolid New Member

No, exactly.. NONE of my notifications are sync'd like that. I must have a configuration issue, because I keep having to rename devices also. Chrome syncs profiles also, so is there a conflict somehow?

6. Stolid

Stolid New Member

Ok, so I removed all devices and began adding Join back to them one at a time. I am getting FCs on Join now. I emailed it to you. I can see it's starting to work, I just need to configure the settings correctly. Interesting note here though: Does Join add the Chrome on my phone as a device also? I keep deleting "Chrome" after renaming my desktop and work Chrome installations. Lotsa weirdness regarding Chrome with Join.

7. joaomgcd

Thanks for the report. Do you get those all the time? Or was it just this once?
    The best way to add chrome devices is to
    • delete them all
    • add 1 of them
    • rename it right away
    • add another one
    • rename it right away
    • etc
    Thanks for sticking with it! :)

8. Stolid

Stolid New Member

I think that was the only crash... but I duplicated it, and you are actually involved in your product, I knew I only needed to complain once :D I am off to look for (Or start) a suggestion thread!!