AutoInput autoinput UI profile stays on

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by CoolRaoul, May 1, 2016.

1. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

Hello,
    I'm just evaluating autoinput (free 7days trial ) and I already having the same issue that the one described in this thread: How to use Autoinput profile contexts

I've started with a simple profile, used "easy setup" to detect Google Maps app without any specific elements UI
    As soon as Maps is running in foreground, the profiles triggers but it stays on indefinitely
    Even restarting Tasker doesn't solve this: the profile becomes active again as soon as Tasker starts
    Am I missing something or what?

2. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

I just realized that Autoinput is not available as a separate purchase (like many of yours others apps among which I've already purchased a few) but require an autoapp suite subscription.
    I'm really sorry but I'm not Ok with this marketing approach for software.
    So please forget the previous post, I've uninstalled the app.

3. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@CoolRaoul what made you think you needed to have a subscription? I really don't understand why it happens but some people get that idea from somewhere.

About the AutoInput issue, can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

5. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

Because for all others autoapps plugins I have purchased so far, there were a corresponding "unlock key" item in the play store (like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autolocation.unlock)
    It's not the case for autoinput, in-app purchase option ("get full version") states that it requires autoapps and most people (like me initially) think that this implies the subscription.

Here it is:
    Code (Text):
    Profile: MapsRunning (184)
        State: AutoInput UI State [ Configuration:Apps: Maps ]
    Enter: Anon (185)
        A1: Flash [ Text:Maps mode Long:Off ]
        A2: Play Ringtone [ Type:Notification Sound:Chime Stream:5 ]

Exit: Anon (187)
        A1: Play Ringtone [ Type:Notification Sound:Adara Stream:5 ]
        A2: Flash [ Text:Exit Long:Off ]
    This is running on a Gen2 MotoX, Android 5.0

6. joaomgcd

Thanks, but what about AutoApps makes you think "subscription" right away? Maybe I need to change the phrasing on that popup...

About the maps issue, I just tested it and it worked correctly for me. Do you have any other UI State condition running at the same time by any chance?

7. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

You could replace the text:
    "To unlock this app, get the AutoApps app.
    There you can unlock every Tasker etc.."

by
    "To unlock this app, get the AutoApps app.
    In addition this will allow to optionally unlock every Tasker etc.."

Remember that I'm still in the initial 7 day evaluation period. So just made this only simple profile as initial test.
    I've tried to replace "maps" by another app too without any change.
    I've currently my Tasker "MapsRunning" profile, which is triggered by autoinput "UI State" condition, active (green) and no easy way to make it inactive
    Inside Tasker, if I disable the profile (switches to "off"), leave Tasker, the exit task is performed
    But, when I reopen Tasker, set the profile switch back to "on", the profile becomes *immediately* active although I've not launched Google maps at all meanwhile
    Even removing "Maps" from the Android multitask history keep the profile active.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

I'm able to reproduce the issue at will on my tablet (Sony Xperia Z3 compact) which use a different Android version than my phone (5.1.1 vs 6.0).
    That's weird it works for you

9. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

I've made other tests, selecting another app instead of Maps, even used a different launcher (was using Nova): the bug is still there.
    Meanwhile my 7 days evaluation period end is approaching so I will not able to make more testing after next sunday.

10. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

I'm really sorry that we havent' be able to fix this before the one week trial expiration (still few hours remaining though)
    And I insist that being able to reproduce the issue at will on two different devices make me thing that the problem can hardly be on my side.

11. joaomgcd

Sorry for the delay. I can create a key for you that will unlock the app. Sorry for the trouble.
    Does the rest of AutoInput work for you?
    BTW, you can also use the built-in Tasker App condition to test this situation.

12. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

Only If I can do something more to help to fix this specific issue
    I didn't have spend much time on the rest of the app, it was specifially this feature I was interested in (initially)
    Don't works very well for me. I guess it doesn't use the same API as you do.
    I've already made a suggestion to Pent on the forum (here and I would be interested on your feedback on this incidently), but dont' think he will implement it

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  13. joaomgcd

I actually want to implement the App usage API at some point :) Maybe then I can make this work for you. Sorry!

14. CoolRaoul

CoolRaoul Member

I thought that you were actually using it. That's because, even I've unable to make the "AutoInput UI " *state* based profile works the *event* based one worked perfectly specifically at times where Tasker app detection failed (but it didn't suits my needs unfortunately since it doesn't implement an "invert" option)