AutoNotification Status Bar Icon Manual Not Workin

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TomTcom, Apr 20, 2015.

1. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Hi Joao, I have learned how to use status bar icon manual if you recall. In my description below I can't get the status to show me the up arrow icon when the garage opens. I only get the down arrow icon when it opens/closes. Can you suggest what I'm doing wrong? If I pause the variable set for the closed (bottom) arrow icon I do see the up arrow so I know the variables are populating correctly.

Profile: Garage Status (6)
    Event: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: true
    Notification Type: Only Created Notifications
    Persistency Type: Non-Perstistent Only
    Notification Apps: Chamberlain
    Notification Title: Alert Occurred
    Get All Fields : true ]
    Enter: Status (13)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Statusone To:%antext Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %antext ~ *opened* ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Statustwo To:%antext Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %antext ~ *closed* ]
    A3: Variable Split [ Name:%Statusone Splitter: Delete Base:Off ]
    A4: Variable Split [ Name:%Statustwo Splitter: Delete Base:Off ]
    A5: Variable Set [ Name:%Garageicon To:ic_action_arrow_top Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %Statusone4 eq opened ]
    A6: Variable Set [ Name:%Garageicon To:ic_action_arrow_bottom Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %Statustwo4 eq closed ]
    A7: AutoNotification [ Configuration:Title: Garage Status
    Text: %Statusone4 》 %Statusone5%Statusone6 %Statusone7 %Statusone8
    Icon: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.crystalhd/folder_home
    Status Bar Icon Manual: %Garageicon
    Id: status
    SubText: %Statustwo4 》 %Statustwo5%Statustwo6 %Statustwo7 %Statustwo8
    Sound: content://media/external/audio/media/1956
    LED Color: red
    LED On: 500
    LED Off: 500
    Vibration: 0,100,0,100,0,100,0,100 Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A8: AutoNotification Cancel [ Configuration:Other Id: %anid
    Package: %anpackage
    Tag: %antag Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Cancel Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A9: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Screen & Keyboard Lights On
    1 Second Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you add a flash action between A6 and A7 with the text %Garageicon, does it always show the correct value?

TomTcom likes this.
  3. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I put the flash action as you said. I then opened the garage. The flash action is showing me ic_action_arrow_bottom. When I close the garage, the flash action says the same thing again.

I also noticed that closing the garage which intercepts the closed data from MyQ shows the opened time when you do not expand the notification. However, once expanding the status bar it's fine too.

Do I somehow have something reversed somewhere?

***I changed the task order for all opened related tasks first and now all closed tasks. While the opened/closed that flashes in the status bar is correct, the icon always stays with the bottom arrow.

If I turn off the bottom arrow icon variable set, I will see the top arrow displayed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If it's always bottom, then something must be wrong with setting the %Garageicon variable. Can't you use the same [ %antext ~ *opened* ] and [ %antext ~ *closed* ] conditions as above?

TomTcom likes this.
  5. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I can look at the vars tab in Tasker and see all their values are correctly populating. I'll try again tonight, thanks.

6. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Finally fixed it! Joao, my fault, total user error. I was doing "equals" on the icons in the variable set. I changed it to "matches" like the other variable set's were and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Final product for everyone:

Profile: Garage Status (6)
    Event: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: true
    Notification Type: Only Created Notifications
    Persistency Type: Non-Perstistent Only
    Notification Apps: Chamberlain
    Notification Title: Alert Occurred
    Get All Fields : true ]
    Enter: Garage Door Status (13)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Garageicon To:ic_action_arrow_top Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %antext ~ *opened* ]
    A2: Variable Set [ Name:%Garageicon To:ic_action_arrow_bottom Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %antext ~ *closed* ]
    A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Statusone To:%antext Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %antext ~ *opened* ]
    A4: Variable Set [ Name:%Statustwo To:%antext Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %antext ~ *closed* ]
    A5: Variable Split [ Name:%Statusone Splitter: Delete Base:Off ]
    A6: Variable Split [ Name:%Statustwo Splitter: Delete Base:Off ]
    A7: AutoNotification [ Configuration:Title: Garage Status
    Text: %Statusone4 》 %Statusone5%Statusone6 %Statusone7 %Statusone8
    Icon: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.crystalhd/kfm_home
    Status Bar Icon Manual: %Garageicon
    Id: GarageDoor
    SubText: %Statustwo4 》 %Statustwo5%Statustwo6 %Statustwo7 %Statustwo8
    Sound: content://media/external/audio/media/1956
    LED Color: red
    LED On: 500
    LED Off: 500
    Vibration: 0,100,0,100,0,100,0,100 Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A8: AutoNotification Cancel [ Configuration:Other Id: %anid
    Package: %anpackage
    Tag: %antag Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Cancel Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A9: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Screen & Keyboard Lights On
    1 Second Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings Timeout (Seconds):0 ]