AutoNotification Dismiss battery full notification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Jake Munson, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Jake Munson

Jake Munson New Member

I am trying to use Autonotification to auto-dismiss the "battery full, please unplug" notification from my Galaxy Note 4 (see screenshot below). I have successfully configured Tasker to intercept this notification, which I know because when I check the AN logs I can see this notification interception. However, I can't figure out how to configure AN to auto-dismiss this notification. I tried adding a task for AN Cancel, and configuring the ID, Package, and Tag with the %an variables. I also tried hard coding the notification's ID in the Cancel task. I am wondering if this notification cannot be auto-dismissed because it comes from the Android system, and it appears as an overlay on-top of any screen you're using.

[​IMG]

2. gwar9999

gwar9999 New Member

I wonder if you could use AutoInput after you intercept it? I haven't tried this yet but I have the same issue with my S5 after I "upgraded" to Lolliflop.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Is the notification persistent? can you swipe it away manually?

4. Thahim

Thahim Member

Thats actually Headsup notification in lollipop and i guess it goes away with an cancel.

5. Jake Munson

Jake Munson New Member

Yes, you can swipe the notification away manually.

6. joaomgcd

@Jake Munson can you please export your current profile so I can take a look (description, not xml)? Thanks

7. Jake Munson

Jake Munson New Member

I couldn't figure out how to export it, so I am attaching a screenshot. Let me know if this is not what you need. Screenshot_2015-04-25-20-52-37.png

Attached Files:

8. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Just long press on the task or profile and hit the 3 dots. Joao wants you to do email "description ". Then just copy paste.

9. Jake Munson

Jake Munson New Member

Thanks, TomTcom. I was trying to do it from the Profile and couldn't, but I was able to do it from the task. Here it is:

Dismiss Notification (2)
    A1: AutoNotification Cancel [ Configuration: Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Cancel Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

10. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

You can do it from the profile but it's not obvious. You know how you can tap on the profile and see the sub task? Well in order to export the profile and task you need to make sure when looking at your profile that the task is not expanded out. Then long press and you will be able to export it.

11. Jake Munson

Jake Munson New Member

That's weird...I still couldn't do it even following your directions. I could not click to expand or contract the profile. Then I realized that I only have one profile in my Tasker right now, and maybe that was why. Sure enough, after I added a dummy profile with a dummy task, I was able to export it like you described. here it is:

Profile: Intercept Battery Full Not. (5)
    Event: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Event Behaviour: true
    Notification Id: 101
    Notification App: System UI
    Notification Title: Info
    Notification Text: Battery fully charged.
    Unplug charger.
    Package Name: com.android.systemui ]
    Enter: Dismiss Notification (2)
    A1: AutoNotification Cancel [ Configuration: Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Cancel Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

12. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Ok, what is your notification type and persistency type in your AN profile set up? I have created notifications and non-persistent. I don't see anything like that for yours.

Also make this you AN cancel....

[​IMG]

13. joaomgcd

@Jake Munson in your intercept condition keep just the package name and set the text to "Battery" (no quotes) and remove the rest of the fields.
    In the task you need to set the cancel fields like @TomTcom said so it knows what notification to cancel.
    Let me know if it works

: cancel, dismiss