AutoVoice AutoVoice Recognize Action + Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TMiC, Sep 18, 2016.

1. TMiC

TMiC New Member

When I select Use Headset in a AutoVoice Recognize action in Tasker, when the task reaches that action and a bluetooth headset is connected, it simply freezes and doesn't recognize any voice input, either from the phone's or the bluetooth's headset microphone. Furthermore, the the screen seems to "freeze", i.e., I can only stop the task after pressing the back button.

But if I have the headset option disabled, or enabled but without a bluetooth device connected, it works, but always through the phone's microphone.

After a while with the action trying to run the following errors appear in my task screen like displayed in the screenshot attached

Any ideas?

PS> I've tested with two different bluetooth headsets and the result is the same...

Edit: I'm running Fulmics (5.3) Stock based Marshamallow 6.0 custom rom on LG G3

Edit2: It doesn't actually freeze the screen, as animations like traffic monitor and clock in the status bar still work, it seems to simply disable touch input until I press the back button in the navigation bar.

Edit3: If I have a wired headset plugged in instead of a bluetooth one, all works well, but that doesn't solve my problem, as I wanted to use my bluetooth intercom on my helmet to control my smartphone while I was riding my motorcycle :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. What if you start recognition without having the BT Headset option enabled but with the headset connected? Does it use the phone's mic? Thanks

3. TMiC

TMiC New Member

I believe I've tried in already to no success, but I'm gonna double check it when I get home today. I've been trying many alternatives, like different Bluetooth headsets, different devices, and the only seemingly successful result that I got was with my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - Stock Lollipop Rom), my helmet intercom and Ctrl BT enabled, followed by Recognize with headset disabled. But the results were kind of flimsy )like taking a long time to process the results or not processing them at all, even though it showed that was getting some input), and I was in a rush, so I'm trying that again later today and I'll report back to you.

Can it be Android version related? Have you used it successfully in a Marshmallow device? I've also tried it with a clean install of cyanogenmod 13 and the results were the same. The next step will be trying it with CM12.1, and if it doesn't work take the desperate measure of flashing stock again xD

PS. I'm Portuguese too, BTW ;b

4. Kenneth Scott

Kenneth Scott New Member

Hi there! Thanks for your report. But I don't have much idea about the error. But try differently without using bluetooth device headset or take the help of a technician to solve the problem or you may try by changing your bluetooth headset with a good quality cheap HD headphones for better output.

5. scotts

scotts Member

This happens with me as well. I cannot use the Headset function. Below is partial Task.
    I can confirm that w/o the Headset function enabled, I receive an 'AV cannot use your microphone' error.

SMS (216)
    A1: Stop [ With Error:Off Task: ] If [ %SMSRB ~R http ]
    A2: Say [ Text:%SMSRB Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:Off Network:On Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
    A3: Say [ Text:Would you like to reply? Engine:Voice:default:default Stream:3 Pitch:5 Speed:5 Respect Audio Focus:Off Network:On Continue Task Immediately:Off ]
    A4: AutoVoice Recognize [ Configuration:Hide Dialog: true
    Voice command without headset
    Command: "yes (exact)"
    Precision: 3
    Error if Not Recognized: true
    Don't Trigger Conditions: true Timeout (Seconds):5 ]
    A5: Stop [ With Error:Off Task: ] If [ %avcomm !~ yes ]

6. Max Pixel

Max Pixel New Member

Another +1 from me. With my Xperia Ear Duo connected, only the first request works until I reboot the phone. Subsequent activations trigger a transparent overlay that never resolves in a voice prompt. Will happily purchase AutoVoice once this is fixed. Is AutoVoice confirmed working with a Bluetooth headset on any device or version of Android? I can provide logs or other information if it would be helpful.

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it works correctly with my bluetooth headset...
    Can you please try this in AutoVoice:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command with headset
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!