Native Tasker autobackup to Drive

Discussion in 'Tasker Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by L.Drake, Feb 21, 2015.

1. L.Drake

L.Drake Member

Considering that Google Drive is a neat little service integrated in most stock roms (Custom ROMs exempt here), I've been trying to figure out how to create a cloud autobackup... till now I only managed to get it working with external apps.

Does anyone have an idea or tipp on how I could get it working without externals?

2. Glenn Delmotte

Glenn Delmotte New Member

I'm having a similar profile for when i take a manual backup. I guess you can do the same for the auto backups.

The profile activates when the userbackup.xml file changes.
    I use autoShotcut to open Google drive directly into the directory where i would like to upload the file, Next I use AutoInput to select the + button, click on upload, then browse to the file and upload it.

3. L.Drake

L.Drake Member

Manual alright, but how would I tell drive the path to the file to upload? I just want to push the file without too much hassle or interaction.

4. Glenn Delmotte

The browsing and uploading is fully automated using AutoInput. The only thing i need to do manually is clicking the backup button in tasker.

5. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Couldn't you set an autovoice recognize command to do this instead of manually doing it yourself?

6. Glenn Delmotte

Yes I could have.

7. FourQ

FourQ New Member

I've been contemplating something similar with AutoWeb and Drive's API but the folder was my sticking point.

8. bdiddy

bdiddy New Member