AutoVera Door lock user notification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ahzi D, May 18, 2015.

1. Ahzi D

Ahzi D New Member

Hey I'm wondering if it's possible to set up a notification to show me which user last unlocked the door. I have all the codes programmed into the lock using the Vera interface so they're all there. I also have the notifications set up from the previous 2 threads here. Is there something else I can add to that to have a line showing the user? I'm not too well versed in the variables yet.

Thanks!

2. Ahzi D

Ahzi D New Member

Also I was wondering if there's a way to get the notification to come back up when my phone boots. Right now it only comes up when the door is locked or unlocked, and I did set it as Persistent so I can't accidentally swipe it away, but I would like it to come back upon reboot.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately I'm afraid I can't help you much. :( I don't have a door lock myself. Have you tried using AutoVera Device Info action in Tasker after you receive the event? Maybe there are some useful variables there.

4. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Lol, this was my next project Joao.

5. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

@Joao - do you have a complete list of AutoVera variables? I'm trying to capture sl_UserCode which you can see in the screenshot but I don't know what "%av" variable it is.

I checked here: http://joaoapps.com/variables/

Attached Files:

6. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

You would have to create a Tasker profile: Event > System > Device Boot.
    You "might" be able to link it to your lock task you are currently using. However, if you modeled it after mine as I think you mentioned that won't work.
    Make a new task with AutoNotification and do %avnewstatus and %avoldstatus.
    Now, if you captured the time the same way I did, you will need to dump those times to another set of variables like %Reboottimenew and %Reboottimelast (just examples).
    Your AutoNotification task should replace whatever was being used for time from the original notification with these variables. Otherwise your times will be lost as the original task is querying %TIME which is current time.

Hope this makes sense.

7. joaomgcd

@TomTcom there's no list of AutoVera variables because they depend on the device you use. The best way is just add an AutoVera Device Info action and check the available variables in the next step. Sorry!

8. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Ok, Joao, I did that. Other than %avpincodes which is only a list of people who have pins there isn't another monitored variable in the system to do this.

How could we get more variables? I could give you the names, screenshots, and the values they hold.

9. joaomgcd

The variables are automatically gotten from the System. The variables you see are all the variables the system tells me that exist...

10. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I see. Well I guess then there would be no way to do this.

The only option is a custom virtual device of some sort in Vera that grabs that variable so that AutoVera would see the virtual device variable and set it into the notification that way.