AutoVera Tasker triggered by scene or geofence

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Knight240, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Knight240

Knight240 New Member

Hi I was looking for any info to allow a task to be triggered by a Vera scene or when the Vera geofence is activated. . I know you can geofence in Tasker but the Vera geofence notification activates much faster. I don't see any way to monitor scenes in auto Vera.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no way to monitor scenes, just device status updates. Sorry!

3. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

The only thing I have ever seen is to monitor your lua log for a string of text. I don't know the lua code to do this but I'm sure Google would help.
    Here's an example of a scene I ran just now:
    Scene::RunScene running 36 FD Cam Reboot <0x2f5ea680>

One problem I foresee is log rotation. If the system isn't fast enough, the event may have been written to the log but then rotate the logs and now your entry is gone.

4. NikV

NikV New Member

If you use a virtual switch which is set by the scene the virtual switch device status will change and you can monitor this/check its on(otherwise it will re-trigger possibly when you turn it off) then you can run a task which can toggle virtual switch off again + run the rest of your task

5. Attila

Attila New Member

Hi Guys.
    I have a question, maybe an easy fix but I totally lost.
    My setup is: Vera Edge ( version1.7.2607 )
    Android TV box ( android version 4.0.4 )
    I using this Android TV box as a server to my AutoApps ( Tasker, AutoVera, AutoRemote )
    I installed the Autovera app, connected to my vera edge and looks like everything is working fine. In the autovera app, under 'your veras', 'devices' I selected most of my devices. I can toggling example light manually, but not toggling/ updating automatically.
    I tried this setup on an old phone, the same problem. I tried on my galaxy s2, same setup, same everithing and working as it should be.
    All of my devices and phones running on Android version 4.0.4
    Anyone know what could be the problem? Maybe I just overlooking something, but it makes me nuts.

6. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Is the autovera plugin running on your Vera box? Check to see that it registered your other devices. Perhaps the working phone is the only device checked to receive updates.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

: Vera, Scene, Geofence