AutoVoice Autovoice not looking for commands when Now activated from standby

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Benrjunk, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Benrjunk

Benrjunk New Member

Hi,

Autovoice working wonderfully - great addition to tasker - when the phone is already on.

I have my Nexus 5 on Android 6.0.1 set to listen for OK Google when it's plugged in on standby. The phone activates Google Now with the trigger, but autovoice doesn't look for commands when activated in this manner. I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere I can change to fix this.

Thanks,

Ben

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Does the screen turn on when you do that? Thanks

3. Benrjunk

Benrjunk New Member

Yes, screen goes on.

There's no passcode to unlock the phone either.

4. joaomgcd

Hi. I just tried it on my nexus 6 and the screen doesn't turn on when I say ok google with the screen off. Does yours turn on as soon as you say ok google?

5. Benrjunk

Benrjunk New Member

Yes the screen goes on, but only when it's plugged in. When it's not plugged in, the phone isn't listening for OK Google.

6. joaomgcd

Oh, I see.

Can you please try this:
    - clear logs in AutoVoice
    - enable system logs and google now logs
    -do command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

7. Benrjunk

Benrjunk New Member

Sorry for the dumb question, but where do I get the system and Google Now log files from? I'm not rooted.

8. joaomgcd

In AutoVoice itself :) You can enable system logs under toasts and logs and enable google now logs under Google now settings->Advanced.

thanks

9. Benrjunk

Benrjunk New Member

I figured it out when rummaging through the settings for Google Now (not AutoVoice)

Under "OK Google" Detection setting, Personal Results must be set to ON for AutoVoice to receive commads from the lock screen.

Thanks for your help and happy new year,

Ben

10. mirage2k6

mirage2k6 New Member

The same thing happens to me. I enabled the system logs, but nothing shows up (since nothing is recognized in autovoice). Also, I do not see a "personal results" setting under OK Google detection setting.

I was hoping this could work from the lock screen because I'd like to use it via my bluetooth headset. When I press the talk button, it launches google now via the lock screen, which does not trigger autovoice.

11. Markus Wiedemann

Markus Wiedemann New Member

Has somebody found a solution for that yet? I have the exact same problem. I have an android tablet which I use as a user interface for my home automation system (FHEM). I use AutoVoice in combination with tasker on the tablet to trigger actions in FHEM like switching lights on/off ...
    If my tablet is already on, it works like a charm. But if I give the voice command if the tabled is in standby, then then Google Now just does a web search (which it always does) but AutoVoice/Tasker does not react.
    I have the options "OK Google" / "from any screen" and "from lock screen" activated. That the web search is activated and shows the right command words means that google now work. Just AutoVoice does not get started. The tablet is running Android 6.0
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  12. joaomgcd

Unfortunately Google has changed the app in a way which makes AutoVoice not be able to see what's going on if the screen was off :( Sorry, I don't think there's anything I can do.

13. mjoshd

mjoshd New Member

@joaomgcd
    I made a workaround that is getting me by on my Nexus 6 and all are welcome to it ;)

In Tasker I made a task called "Over" which simply launches the Google Voice Search Activity and gave it a free icon I found on the web.
    -----------------
    Over (70)
    A1: Launch App [ App:Google:Voice Search Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:On Always Start New Copy:On ]
    -----------------
    Using Tasker's App Factory I exported it as an app and installed it.

Here is a link to it on my Google Drive:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQj7HeyIm3dWmthWmdUT2lRU0U
    (It doesn't require any permissions; just install it and launch it manually once by tapping the icon)

Usage:
    Ok Google [voice search beep] Start Over [short delay then voice search beep] Turn off the basement light

"Ok Google" -- Phone beeps & voice search is displayed (notice that the Recent Apps key is not shown and AutoVoice commands do not work)
    "Start Over" -- Phone launches the "Over" app, which opens Voice Search as an app, bypassing the issue of the screen being off (notice that the Recent Apps key is shown and AutoVoice commands do work)
    "<Your AutoVoice Command Here>" -- Phone executes AutoVoice command like it used to before Google messed with things

14. joaomgcd

Thank you very much for the workaround! You can also say "note to self" followed by your autovoice command if you want :)

15. Tyalis

Tyalis New Member

Hi there !
    I bought AutoVoice for controlling my home without requiring manual interaction but it's actually notre possible because of nous listening from lockscreen.
    I've just discovered that Automate and its "Google Now boive command" is correctly working from lockscreen. Could it be possible tout check how they implement that features and do the on AutoVoice ?
    You made a great job with AutoVoice, I need that features so much :)

16. aLexzkter

aLexzkter New Member

But if you say "ok google note to self" then wait, it asks you what the notes is, and then it says "saving".
    Wheareas if you say "ok google note to self <command> it still takes a lot of time and then it also says "saving"

17. joaomgcd

@aLexzkter I know it's not the most efficient solution but it's the only one we've got :)

18. Tyalis

Tyalis New Member

@joaomgcd Automate is able to catch commands from lockscreen without workaround. Is it not possible to check how it's implemented in order to fix it in AutoVoice ?

19. joaomgcd

Is Automate using an accessibility service for that as well?

20. aLexzkter

aLexzkter New Member

@joaomgcd
    I have another phone. An LG G2 running CM13.
    For certain reason AutoVoice is able to catch commands on the lockscreen. How is this possible?