1. Jfaire

Jfaire New Member

Jfaire submitted a new AutoApps project:

Quick Notes - Location based note taking app

Read more about this project...

joaomgcd and Thahim like this.
  2. Vampie

Vampie New Member

Would it be possible to define 2 SSID's as home?

3. FilthX

FilthX New Member

Thanks for that mate. Very useful and very nicelly implemented.
    If you're still working on this project it would be nice to have location based reminders using autolocation geofences and lists. I.e a shopping list that would pop up as notification when you are close to the supermarket. This would really elevate the project i think.

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου

4. FilthX

FilthX New Member

Basically I've been thinking about it today and I have some ideas...
    So just brainstorming here:
    We would need an "array" of the autolocation geofences. Don't know if this info can be pulled from autolocation. What do you think @joaomgcd ?
    We would also need an array for each geofence we would use. In this array we would store the to-do's, I would suggest bullet lists with a check in order to check things done and remove them from the array. Could possibly add a priority flag there as well so more important to-do's would appear first.
    On the scene that would serve as the frontend we would input free text describing the task we need to do and using a drop-down list we would choose the correct geofence. If we need to create a new geofence an appropriate button could be used. If we implement priorities we should have a way to choose the correct priority.
    According to the geofence we choose the task is saved in the appropriate array.
    When we enter the correct geofence, autonotification would pop-up the list of the tasks we have to do. This list should be presented in such a way that would allow us to "check" things done (we could just check one item). This action would remove them from the array and thus it would not appear again.

I am sorry if I am hijacking @Jfaire 's thread and I hope I am not out of order, I just enjoyed this Tasker project and I think we could add some functionality.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this,
    FilthX

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can get the geofence list with "AutoLocation Manage" action :)

6. FilthX

FilthX New Member

Hey man, thanks for the tip but i cannot understand how to get the list by using this action. Some help please...

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

When you use the action, don't set any values. Then in the same task you'll have several variables that you can access to get the info you want. Use a flash action for example, and press the Tasker tag icon so you can see all the variables you can access. Hope this helps!

8. Jfaire

Jfaire New Member

Sorry for not responding, at all. I don't come here often enough. But to answer your question, it is possible to setup more SSIDs, but after looking at what I did, it seems tricky now. Seems like a great idea to be able to add places like friends or parents home based on ssid. Auto location can do this too. I'll have to get back to you on this, or let me know if you've made some progress here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  9. amicus

amicus New Member

I tried to export your project as an app and received the following error. Please advise how to solve it. Screenshot_20160911-185140.png