AutoInput Airplane Mode

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by JDR, Jun 16, 2015.

1. JDR

JDR New Member

I'm running AutoInput as a Tasker plug-in. I'm trying to create a profile that enables and disables airplane mode when I shake the phone. I can get the profile to work with virtually any action (eg, "Beep") except for the AutoInput method that changes the state of airplane mode. I've tried the "Easy Setup" method to no avail and I just don't know enough about the manual method to try that. When I do get a setup that looks like it should work, the notifications window says "No active Profiles". even though other profiles I created do show as active. If I run the action manually, it seems to be stopped with some sort of error condition, but I don't understand what it is and there's little I can find that explains it.

Does anyone have a clear, step-by-step guide to doing this? BTW, my phone is a Galaxy S6 Edge. Also appreciated would be a tutorial link to the various actions and ID types that can be specified.

Joe

2. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Shaking is quite an easily miss-interpreted trigger, especially when used with something so powerful as Airplane Mode. I'm thinking of scenarios where putting your phone in your pocket could send your phone to offline mode without you even noticing.
    This might not be directly helpful to you, but I considered I should warn you though.
    Have a great day!

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe this will help?

4. JDR

JDR New Member

joaomgcd

That's actually one of the first resources I checked out. Problem is I can't get it to work.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

what part doesn't work?

6. JDR

JDR New Member

Basically, none of it works. I'm not sure how to describe it more succinctly.

I was able to accomplish my goal, but not with this profile. Basically my approach is:
    Assuming a trigger event (I used "Headset Plugged In" for my testing)
    1) Launch the "Settings" app with Tasker
    2) Click on the text "Airplane mode" with AutoInput
    3) Click on the text "On" with AutoInput
    4) Return to the home screen with Tasker

I found that I had to insert Waits of several seconds between steps for reliable operation. The text-driven approach works differently depending on the Android version, so that's something I have to work on, but at least I found a way to make it work. This all might be easier if a list of ID names & descriptions were available, but I couldn't find anything.