Solved Chrome Extension - Cannot Send New Txt

Discussion in 'Join' started by thebob6, Mar 20, 2017.

1. thebob6

thebob6 New Member

Hi,
    I am having issues with the chrome exntesion and sending new text messages.
    I have no issue with replying to messages that are sent to me (and within on-going conversations) but when I click the + icon under SMS/Phone tab nothing happens. In the attached image I put the red box around the + icon I am referring to.
    Any troubleshooting recommendations?

Thanks! Join_Chrome_Issue.png

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Do 2 smaller icons not appear when you hover over that icon? It should look like this:
    Capture.PNG

3. thebob6

thebob6 New Member

Yes they do and I can click on both and they take me to contacts/phone.

4. joaomgcd

Ok, that's the way it should work then :) All is working as it should

5. thebob6

thebob6 New Member

Ok... But how do I send a text to a new person that I currently dont have a conversation with?
    If I hit the pencil type icon it takes me to contacts but the contacts appear to be sorted by most recent conversations.
    Is there anyway to have it sorted alphabetic by name and also it appears not all my contacts are in the list.
    Please see attached.

Thanks so much for your help!

Contacts.jpg

6. joaomgcd

hmm, weird, when you click that an alphabetical list of contacts should show up. What happens if you write something in the search box?

7. thebob6

thebob6 New Member

I suppose it does sort alphabetical but it is very confusing for reasons I'll outline below.

In the image examples below I searched for my friend David. Instead of showing his individual contact first it showed all the group conversations first that "David" has been a part of. I needed to scroll 3 pages to find his individual contact.

As you can see it also pulled some phone #'s that has no contact name attached to them.

1) Is it possible to force a refresh of contacts so that APP has the most recent contact list from my phone? Also is it possible to only include contacts that have a name associated with them?

2) Is possible to exclude the group conversations while searching for a contact via this method?

3) For contacts that have multiple numbers is there any way to identify which number is which (I.E. Work Phone/Cell Phone/Home Phone/ETC)?

Please see below example - As you can see I need to scroll down 3 full pages to find "David's" individual contact AND the group conversations still continued after his individual contact. "David" is in the third image in the red box.

You can also see (referring to question #3 above that his contact has 2 numbers associated with it and I don't know which calls what (cell/home/work/etc) without pulling up the contact in my phone.

Note: I also tried searching by his full name (First + Last) but it still pulls up all the group conversations.. SS_1.PNG
    SS2.PNG
    SS3.PNG

By the way I really appreciate all the support you are providing!
    Thanks

8. joaomgcd

9. thebob6

thebob6 New Member

Awesome! I have confirmed the searching is now working normally. Thanks for that.

When you say dsiable/re-enable SMS on the device can you expand on that? I'm not aware of a way to disable SMS. Do you mean uninstall/resintall the app?

10. joaomgcd

Go into the Android app -> Settings -> SMS and Phone calls -> Disable and re-enable the service switch at the top :)
    Glad the search is working better now!

: CHROME, TEXT