AutoRemote Key="null"

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TensE, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TensE

TensE New Member

I upgraded my phone from S4 to S5 and restored my apps using Titanium Backup. Now on my S4 the Lite version always gave me an error saying it couldn't generate a link, but the QR code was still there and I managed to get the link and everything was working. Now on my S5 I was unable to send anything to my phone. I open the link and it says notification sent but nothing shows up. I am still able to send to chrome however. I reinstalled the app and got a new link. When I go to the link it gives me the ?key=null. I am still able to send to chrome.

After reinstalling it says there's a backup, but the backup only restores the chrome url on the phone. Very confused. Please help.

P.S. I also sent a bug report about the SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE issue like it asked. Idk if that would help at all.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Try this:

- uninstall AutoRemote
    - re-install AutoRemote
    - check if url is generated correctly

That SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE bug was fixed with the latest update.
    Hope this helps!

3. TensE

TensE New Member

The link is now generating. That was an issue on the S4. On my S5 I get the invalid key. When I go to the link that the S5 generates I get ?key=null in the link

4. joaomgcd

Is your S5 rooted? Did you disable any system services on it like Google Play Services for example?

5. TensE

TensE New Member

It is rooted. I have disabled all the unnecessary things like music, books, newsstand,google+ since I can't delete them. I also have disabled google search. Could that be causing it?

6. joaomgcd

Yes, it could be. The key being null seems to be to be an issue with not having maybe Google Play Services available. Did you disable that? Could you try enabling everything momentarily then clearing AutoRemote data and see if it works again? Thanks

7. TensE

TensE New Member

So here's what I did. I re-enabled G+ and Google Search. Reinstalled the app. It gave me the same link as before and when I go to link it is still null. I then went on my S4 and created a backup on Dropbox. From my S5 I restored the backup and it gave me a totally different link. I go to link I get the key. BUT When I try to send messages to that link I get Notification Sent but nothing shows up. After a bit of time I get a NotRegistered error.

On a side note, when I was setting up the S5 and was restoring apps with Titanium Backup it asked me if I want to restore my Android ID. I said yes and it rebooted my phone. Could that possibly screw up communication? Even though I checked both my Android IDs and they don't match.

8. joaomgcd

Can you please try this:
    - clear logs in AutoRemote
    - enable system logs
    - in AutoRemote settings->Advanced use the repair url option
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

9. TensE

TensE New Member

Don't mean to come off as an idiot, but I couldn't find where to clear the logs so I cleared all the data enabled the System Logs but now I can't find where it saves or how to export it. I looked through the app data folder, but couldn't find anything. I then downloaded aLogcat app to view logs, but I'm getting a lot of junk in there and a repeating IRListener error and when I try to perform the repair url it says "Sorry, couldn't unregister AutoRemote." but I don't see anything in the log app. So I think you'll have to walk me through this a bit. Sorry.

Also, I went through the preferences.xml and found that the <string name="longurl">http://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/?key=null</string> can I plug in something there manually? Could that fix it?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
: error, key=null