Open Don't show SMS on phone

Discussion in 'Join' started by Tore, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Tore

Tore New Member

Hi.
    When I sent SMS from my notebook with Join, they don't show on my phone (not sync). Why?
    Once I used Pushbullet and there was OK.

2. Michael M.

Michael M. New Member

I am seeing the same problem (sometimes) or sometimes there is some lag in showing up -- the recipient will reply to the message before it shows as sent (in Chrome extension) or shows up in the thread on my phone.

I am sending SMS via the Chrome plugin on Windows 10; using a Samsung S5 Neo.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

So, just to clarify: do you mean that you send an SMS from chrome and later it doesn't show up in the SMS app on your phone as sent? Were you using the same SMS on your phone when using Pushbullet before?

4. Tore

Tore New Member

Exactly.
    I send an SMS from chrome and later it doesn't show up in the SMS app on my phone as sent.
    When I use Pushbullet, then it's OK (the same SMS).

5. Tore

Tore New Member

Anybody help me?

6. kimocal

kimocal New Member

I had the same issue after I renamed my phone from XT1635-02 to Z Play in the Chrome Extension. Once I renamed it back to the default, XT1635-02, all the texts sent from Chrome magically showed up on my phone.

Did you do something like that?

7. Tore

Tore New Member

No. I didn't rename my phone. Where exactly did you do?
    But Pushbullet works fine.

8. rsg

rsg New Member

Same problem here. Have tried everything, different SMS apps, etc. Recipient gets the message but it doesn't show up in my phone's SMS app. Any answers?

9. joaomgcd

It seems that for some reason this is happening on some phones, where the OS is not inserting the sent messages to the OS SMS database. Unfortunately Join can't do that either, sorry :( I don't think there's a way to fix this...

10. Ola

Ola New Member

I have also noticed the same issue. Writing SMS on the Win 10 or Chrome extension sends the message ok, but it is not added to the SMS database on the phone. Then, when Join syncs the database, it also disappears from the computer's conversations.
    Could this be that I am using dual SIMs (Huawei Honor 8)? I noticed that kimocal had a Moto Z Play with dual SIM.

11. joaomgcd

12. Ola

Ola New Member

No, that didn't solve it. :-(
    Still the same issue. Tried all different combinations of sending SMS with both Huawei's original SMS app and ChompSMS. As soon as Join is syncing the phone's messages with the computer, the message in the sent column disappears from the computer as it is never inserted in the phone's database.
    Can't see that there should be any app rights issue either as the SMS is sent ok.

13. joaomgcd

Did you try selecting a different SIM in Join's settings?

14. Ola

Ola New Member

Yes, I did.
    Tried setting SIM1 as default in Join's settings and then send SMS from Join to SIM1 (SIM1->SIM1) and SIM2 (SIM1->SIM2). Then I changed setting to SIM2 and did the same. No difference.
    I also tried to send the same messages directly from the phone's SMS app just to verify the result in the message threads. That seemed ok.

15. joaomgcd

Yeah, sorry. The problem is that the OS or SMS app is not picking up that Join is sending an SMS externally (Join uses standard Android APIs to do so) and so it doesn't write them to the SMS database. Unfortunately Join can't do that itself because it's not the default SMS app on your phone :(

16. Ola

Ola New Member

Ok, I'll just ask Huawei to fix that in their system then. I guess they will fix it if I ask politely :D
    Thanks for the clarification.

17. joaomgcd

Let's hope they do :p Thanks for understanding!

: sms, sync