AutoTools Albums

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Jeff Ludlow, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Hey folks...first of all I'm not a coder or in anyway a whiz with tasker...love the auto tools web presets and would like to know if anyone could guide me or point me to a tutorial on how to do it...I have all my albums set up in proper folders all including a menu file for playlist...and type of guidance would be very much appreciated..thanks in advance for any help

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I can help, but what exactly are you trying to do with it? :)

3. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

I'd like it so that maybe either swiping up from the bottom like in the bottom buttons web screen or even swiping from either side of the screen will bring up a menu of all my albums and tapping one it will start playing ...I use gone mad music player...and is it also possible because I'm using m3u files for a playlist that I would be able to show next song coming up..I do presets for Kustom Live wallpaper and right now I guess only with taskers help I'd like to show next song in queue

4. joaomgcd

Ok, so to get it playing, did you try creating the bottom buttons screen? Did you have any trouble with that?

5. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

I tried a few of the web screen layouts and followed tuts on here and got them working..I just don't know how to get tasker to read all the albums I have in my music folder and then to set up a web screen to show my albums

6. joaomgcd

It's not that easy to read from folders.
    Do you have an album per folder? Is there an album cover in each of those folders?

7. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Yes I have my folders setup like artist-artist-album..no not a cover for every album

8. joaomgcd

Do you know how to use the list files action in Tasker?

9. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

No I don't ..like I said I'm quite a noob with coding and using tasker

10. joaomgcd

Unfortunately this is not a very beginner friendly project you've got here... :( I would really have to create the whole thing for you to get this to work.
    Can you please try learning how to use the List Files action and we can go from there? thanks in advance

11. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Jeff, João is right about this not being a beginner friendly project, but I've done all of this (he's seen it), and I use GoneMad. Let me see if I can help.
    Can you post the path to a typical album folder? e.g. /storage/emulated/0/Albums/Force Majeure
    Another question: do you know anything about JSON?

12. joaomgcd

Thank you very much for helping @Old Bear :D

13. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Hey thanks for helping...I don't know much about JSON..and the path you stated above would be the same as I use...I have all my albums setup in folders as artist-artist-album...so that they are all separated by albums..each has an m3u file for playlists..any help would be very much appreciated..I do designing but am not a coder in any way shape or form and just can't get a handle on tasker which is really annoying me

14. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Old Bear here is my path example
    /storage/emulated/0/Music/City and Colour/City and Colour - If I Should Go Before You

15. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Sorry, Jeff; I thought João had scared you away.
    Anyway, is that /Music/Artist/Album Title, or /Music/Artist/Artist - Album Title?
    I made a Task for you already that will give a list of 'Album Titles', but I need to know what you want your list items to say. Do you want them listed with just 'Album Title', or 'Artist - Album Title'?
    Are your m3u playlist files in this folder /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/playlists? Mine look like this, for example: /storage/emulated/0/gmmp/playlists/Force Majeure.m3u.
    How have you named your Playlist files? Album Title.m3u, or Artist - Album Title.m3u?
    Most important question of all... Does every album folder have a corresponding playlist? It's important that they do, or the Task will break.
    Get back to me ASAP and we'll get you that List Webscreen. :)

16. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Nope wasn't scared lol...ok there are no playlists in my gmmp playlist folder but inside all my albums folders they are listed as say Adele-19.m3u...its funny when I open gone mad and look under playlists all the albums are there but in the sdxard folder for gmmp there is none...I would like the albums listed as Artist - Album...thanks for your help

17. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

The main problem I have here is that I'm assuming you have some Artist folders with more than one Album in them. That makes it difficult to pull individual Album titles out, which is why I don't bundle Albums into Artists folders.

So the album folders are called Artist - Album, but the playlist files are called Artist-Album.m3u (without the spaces?). That's a pain!
    Why did you do it that way?

Have all your album folders got Artist Art in them?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  18. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

19. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Lol ya I have it so that if an artist has more than 1 album they are all that artists folder..I did it because someone who was gonna do a tasker profile for me for the same type of thing but not using web screens...no the album covers are imbedded into my mp3 files but I know the album art can also be found in the gmmp folder too

20. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Well, I've solved the Albums in Artists folders problem (For Loops inside For Loops - I now have a headache! ;) ). A working prototype (basic list) is available to you, but...
    Just confirm for me, one last time; the playlist files are ALL called Artist-Album Title.m3u (without the spaces surrounding the -), yes?
    And they are all named exactly the same way, yes?
    We'll worry about Album Art later. (I know of no way to pull that from an mp3)

: Autotools