AutoTools Albums

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Jeff Ludlow, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

The m3u is the way you said it yes..just double checked..I have another question for you later lol

2. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

"I have another question for you later lol"
    Ask it now, I'm still about for a bit, trying to figure out how to get to the m3u files. I wish they were all in the gmmp playlists folder; I wouldn't have this headache. :eek:
    Questions: Do any of your Artists, or Album Titles, have commas in them?
    I assume you do know how to import a Task xml into Tasker.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  3. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

No no commas lol...on the question is,I use Kustom Live Wallpaper maker which can read broadcasts from tasker...I've been wondering forever is there a way to make a task in tasker which will show the next song which will be played and then I could broadcast the info to klwp..ya weird that it shows the playlists when I open gmmp but there is nothing in the sd folder

4. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

I haven't the foggiest about KLWP, I'm afraid. I've been trying for a while to get next track info from GoneMad, but never managed it.
    Let's try this: import this into Tasker and run it; the Task ain't pretty, and looks complicated; the WebScreen is just a simple list, but I think it will get you started. Let's see...
    Make sure you have the Card List webscreen installed and up to date.

Attached Files:

5. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

I'll give this a run and let you know

6. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Working like a charm brother and it's pretty frikken cool...appreciate all the help with this..can't thank you enough...I know I haven't found anyone to be able to figure next track...what about a listing of the songs from the album? Would that be possible? I guess reading of the playlist and possibly displaying it?

7. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

A list of the songs is doable, but it involves grabbing the playlist from GoneMad' sqlite database. You can see it in the demo I've posted.
    Tell you what; you play around with that for a bit, let me know if there are any problems with it, and I'll have a think about the playlist for you. We can also see if we can pretty it up.
    Do be aware that to use that little webscreen you have with any new albums/playlists you add, you will need to continue to use the same naming format you use now.
    Here's a demo of what mine looks like; I've been redesigning it lately (the demo's quite old and a lot has changed since it was made); it's still a work in progress. You can see why João said it's NOT a beginner's project. I hope you like it. :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbya86gz83xcs54/music_demo.mp4?dl=0

8. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Now that's a freaking sweet setup you have there ...and good taste in music from a few of the albums I seen(Bowie,Joel,Howard Jones)..love the bio and lyrics and such you have e too...I use klwp which can do those type of things too...I'm more of a designer than a coder and doing all the technical stuff lol...like I said I really appreciate all the work you did for me..let me know bout the other stuff and I will tinker around for abit with what you did...again many many thanks

9. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

No worries. Good night from London. :p

10. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Good night from Toronto

11. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Hey brother how are you today?..was playing with the setup and couple questions about the design..is there a way to either get rid of the card backgrounds which are white or change the color,second the shadows on them any way to change that and last text color of the items?..thanks and hope I'm not being bothersome

12. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Sorry, Jeff; weekends for the family - wife's order. :p

You can change card background colours, etc. yourself in the webscreen configuration (Action 15).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'second shadows' (you would need to ask João Dias about that

Card text colour is a problem, at the moment; me and another user have asked João Dias to allow for changing card text colours without having to use complicated methods like this: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/web-screen-card-list-card-text-color.16506/ :confused:

Incidentally, I finally figured how to get the 'upcoming track' out of GoneMad's database. Needs Sqlite and a lot of messing with variables/arrays, though. :)

13. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Morning no worries bout not replying right away..I understand the wifey thing myself.
    I just meant the shadows on the cards themself,they seem very dark,too dark and takes away from the look.
    I was playing around with the web screen and managed to change the screen colors etc,like backgrounds,status bar but can't seem to find where the card color one is unless I'm missing something..I'd like just a pure white background behind the list that's why I'm asking.
    Oh man next song would be awesome..see with klwp you can broadcast to your screen information and display it..would be great for my music player page.
    Cheers Jeff

14. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Meant to send you this link before to show you one of my klwp setups

15. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Wow awesome help @Old Bear :D Thank you very much!

16. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Yup he helped me big time and was very much apprexiated

17. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

Very kind, Jeff; thank you. :)
    I'm on holiday, but popped in as I've got a Task for next track for you. Your phone needs to be rooted for it to work, is it?

18. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Oh ya I'm rooted and excited now lol...enjoy your holidays..and no was very kind of you to do this all for me and like I said bigtime appreciated

19. Old Bear

Old Bear Member

I've attached the XML: it breaks down as below:

Get Next Track (170)
    A1: If [ %MTRACK Set ]

A2: SQL Query [ Mode:Raw File:/data/data/gonemad.gmmp/databases/gmml.db Table:tracks,playlist_table Columns:tracks.song_id,playlist_table.playlist_track_id Query:SELECT track_name FROM tracks, playlist_table WHERE tracks.song_id = playlist_table.playlist_track_id Selection Parameters: Order By: Output Column Divider: Variable Array:%dbreturn Use Root:On ]

A3: Variable Set [ Name:%index To:%dbreturn(#?%MTRACK) Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

A4: Variable Set [ Name:%index To:%index+1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:On Append:Off ]

A5: Variable Set [ Name:%Nexttrack To:%dbreturn(%index) Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %dbreturn(%index) !~R ^% ]

A6: Variable Set [ Name:%Nexttrack To: Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ] If [ %dbreturn(%index) ~R ^% ]

A7: Flash [ Text:%Nexttrack Long:Off ]

A8: End If

How do you plan to trigger it? I use a Profile with a Variable Set context, using %MPLAYSTATE as the Variable (it will trigger every time that variable changes); then have the Get Next Track task as the Enter Task. That way it will write the '%Nexttrack' Global Variable for you to use in other tasks.

As you can see, I've placed it in an 'If/End If'; that way it only returns a value when %MTRACK is set.

One last thing: The 'Flash' at A7 can be removed when you've finished testing it, and got it running how you want it.

I'm about for a little while; test it and let me know.

Attached Files:

20. Jeff Ludlow

Jeff Ludlow Member

Well I may gonna try and broadcast it to klwp that way I can have it on screen all the time..so when I have my music playing I can have a text of what song is next...just have to figure out how to broadcast it..
    This is awesome gonna try it now

: Autotools