AutoVoice Deleting old profiles in tasker (Google Home)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by brianf21, Mar 7, 2017.

1. xbiggyl

xbiggyl New Member

I know this is couple of months old, but I am having a similar issue, and I am on the latest version.

I will lay down the steps to recreate the issue.

I create a Recognized event on Tasker
    I create the command and response. Ex: "Lights Off"
    Then hook it to a task.
    I create a shortcut for Google Home ("Turn of the lights" >> Ask autovoice Lights Off")
    I test the commands and it works perfectly.
    (If I go to commands in the autovoice app, it's there.)

I decide to modify the command.
    I delete the event, and create a new command Ex: Main Lights Off.
    I modify the Google Home shortcut.
    It no longer works. I check the commands in the autovoice app, and I see both commands: "Lights Off" and "Main Lights Off"
    I delete the old one from the in-app commands. It's gone, even if I refresh.
    I test the command, it works!

I go to tasker and create another Recognised event Ex "TV ON".
    Do the same process for Google Home.
    I test the TV ON command it works.
    However, I test the "MAIN LIGHTS ON " command, but it doesn't work.
    I go to the App>Commands and now I see 3 commands: "TV ON" and "Main Lights Off" and the (supposedly deleted) "Lights Off".

TL;DR
    Deleting commands from either Tasker or in the Autovoice app aren't being deleted completely. For some reason, creating a Recognized event in task, resurrects all the previous deleted commands. Every time I create a new command I 20+ commands in the Autovoice App that I have attempted to deleted many times.
    Hopefully Joao you will be able to recreate and solve this.
    Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you create a profile with a certain "Easy Way" command in Tasker, it'll always create those in the AutoVoice server as well because it needs to know what responses you want for the commands.
    If you don't want those commands to be re-created disable or delete the profile where the command filter is used.
    Hope this clarifies it!

3. xbiggyl

xbiggyl New Member

Thanks for the reply Joao, but the issue is that I am deleting the commands from both Tasker and Autovoice App, but every time i create a new event on Tasker, all the previously created commands reappear.
    It seems the commands are not being deleted from the Autovoice server.
    In case you wanna recreate the issue follow the steps in my previous post.
    Thanks mate.

4. joaomgcd

Thanks for the details! What if after you delete the Tasker profile and command you pull down on the commands in AutoVoice to refresh? Does that make them go away for good? Thanks!

5. xbiggyl

xbiggyl New Member

Unfortunately no. Refreshing after deleting the commands doesn't remove them for good. They keep appearing (all of them) every time I create an "Easy Way" command in tasker. :/

6. joaomgcd

Hmm.. I can't reproduce the issue myself.
    Can you please try this:
    • Create a new profile in Tasker with the "Easy Way" and a new command filter
    • in the task just do a flash like "worked"
    • Perform the command once
    • Delete the profile
    • In the AutoVoice app pull down on the command list and delete the command you just created
    • Create another profile with a different easy way command and another simple task
    • perform that command once
    If you now go into AutoVoice and pull down on the command list does the first command you created in this procedure appear again?