Play a Playlist Starting with the First Song

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by lowpology, Aug 15, 2015.

1. lowpology

lowpology New Member

An example of this is played in the Auto-Input app where he plays a Tasker task and it automatically opens his music app and playlist and starts playing the first song. I've been running through recreating this task based off the image of his task info in the video as well as his example in this older forum.

I've been at it for hours and just cannot get it to completely work. The farthest I've gotten is that it will open the specific playlist but will not open and play the first song. Unfortunately it isn't giving me any errors when it doesn't play the first song. However, I also have a problem where the playlist I actually want to play will not work. I am using the music app Rocket Player since that isn't the app used in the
    example.

This is the error I get when I try choosing the playlist I want.[​IMG]

2. lowpology

lowpology New Member

I now see that the reason the playlist I want to open up, "Shower Jams" isn't playing, is because it isn't on screen. The other playlist I tested, "Bass" did work because it is on screen. After the tasker app runs and goes to my playlist section, if I wait for it to open Shower Jams, it does nothing. However if I scroll down to where Shower Jams is on screen, then it opens. Is there a way I could change this other than the simple act of putting Shower Jams playlist at the top?

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You could try this if you're using Google Play Music

4. Nicolas_Lahaye

Nicolas_Lahaye New Member

Sorry for waking the topic, why do you need autoshare for this to work ? Wouldn't it work with autovoice and autowear alone ? What I'd love to do is a "next" vocal command from the watch that skips to the next track in the playlist so I'm wondering why I might need autoshare :)

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

5. joaomgcd

Because with AutoShare you can easily use the intents needed to start playing songs on google play music. :)

Nicolas_Lahaye likes this.
  6. Nicolas_Lahaye

Ok i guess i get that :) but what if I just wanna shake the watch, say "next" and it skips to next song, would I need autoshare also ? Or only autowear and autovoice are needed ? :)

7. joaomgcd

No, you don't need AutoShare to do that :) You used to with previous Tasker versions though

Nicolas_Lahaye likes this.
  8. Nicolas_Lahaye

Thanks for your answers :) and for all your work on tasker by the way, its awesome :)