Feature Suggestion: AutoMobile

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Evil Genius, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Plugin that takes care of everything having to do when you get into your car. Navigation, hands free texting, changing songs, etc.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Like what exactly? :)

3. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Well in my city they just passed a hands-free law. It is illegal for anyone to even hold their cell phone in their hands. So what do we normally do when we are in a car? We either, change music, make a call, text (its so bad and no one should text and drive), or maybe get directions. Having all this automated would be great. Especially the navigation thing. So if this were a thing, we could mount the phone onto the dash and have a possible always listening kind of thing where the phone is listening for commands. This would be awesome.

4. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Everything you mentioned is already possible using the existing plug-ins.

5. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Yeah I knew that, but bringing them together in one place instead of being spread out on different plugins would be nice.

6. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Well the Plugins are there for you to be able to create whatever you want. What you're asking for seems to be more like a stand alone app instead of a Tasker Plugin.

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I was going to say that :) That sounds like a standalone app rather than a Tasker plugin. It's a good idea though, so maybe if I ever get into doing standalone apps that would be a good place to start
    Thanks!

8. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Evil Genius, you could just search the Play Store, there like a ton of dashboard apps that more or less do what you want. I think it would be easier to find the right one than to ask somebody write you one and to wait for it to be done.
    Or just create yourself the right combination of actions for your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. MikeW

MikeW Member

I've used several of the AutoApps in my own digital dash project. (Description in my blog.) But I'd love to see what joaomgcd could come up with.

10. Mitchell Llora

Mitchell Llora New Member

My idea is similar, but more so pertaining to navigation. I always like seeing what traffic is like on the way to where ever I am going. What I want is when my phone connects to my car's bluetooth, get a voice prompt that says "Where do you want to go?" Then I reply and it opens Google Maps and picks the fastest route and shows the directions & traffic.

11. GV Black

GV Black New Member

This is all quite simple with AutoInput, Bluetooth AutoConnect, and Tasker. I have a profile labeled "Car" that takes care of the whole thing--toggles GPS and Data (AutoIntput, without root), Connects bluetooth headset (Bluetooth AutoConnect), sets all appropriate audio volumes, launches Google Maps Navigation (with AutoShortcut between the hours of 7:30-8am when I go to work). It also peripherally launches a handsfree SMS routine I created in Tasker to be active when I get an text in the car, that speaks the text and allows me to act on it (respond by voice to text, replay, ignore, send an I'm driving message). All of this is triggered by an NFC tag on my car phone cradle. I am no Tasker expert, but creating my basic profiles (Home, Car, Work, Night) taught me a great deal about what Tasker could do.

: AutoMobile