AutoNotification Grouping of separate notifications

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by tboooe, Oct 21, 2017.

1. tboooe

tboooe Member

I have a task that creates a notification based on a text message I receive from my bank. I receive this text twice a day. In AN settings I have assigned a group key. However, the notifications from AN are not being grouped together. I read in another recent thread that Android should automatically group them together if they have the same group key?
    What do I need to do to have the notifications created by AN at different times to be grouped?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. tboooe

tboooe Member

I saw this but I still do not understand how to get notifications that arrive at different times to be grouped. It looks like from the example that this only works for notifications that are all generated at the same time from the same task? What if the notifications arrive a different times?
    If I have a task that creates a notification do I just need to create the summary group? I tried this and I still get 2 separate notifications. To be clear here is what I'm doing:

Profile - when I receive a SMS from my bank
    Task
    A1 Variable Search Replace (to find the bank balance $)
    A2. Autonotification

I have tried adding a Summary Group Autonotification after A2 but I still get separate notifications when the second SMS comes from my bank a few hours later.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You need to:
    • Create a summary with a certain group ID
    • Create any number of other notifications that are not summary but have the same group ID
    That'll make them group together :)

5. tboooe

tboooe Member

Thank you. So are you saying for my Task I need to add a summary after the notification like this:
    A2 Autonotification
    A3 Autonotification Group Summary

6. tboooe

tboooe Member

I still cant get this to work. I added a Group Summary as described above but all I get is just another notification.
    Any help would be appreciated.

7. tboooe

tboooe Member

Ok so after messing around with this some more here is what I determined. If I have a task like above with a notification and group summary and it gets executed more than once without first dismissing the original notification then the group summary actually creates a separate notification while also grouping the subsequent notification.
    A2 Autonotification - text "Grouping Test"
    A3 Autonotification Group Summary - text "Group summary"
    For example, if this task gets executed once, the notification "Grouping Test" is created. If I run this task again without dismissing the first "Grouping Test" notification, then the second "Group Test" notification is properly grouped with the first. However, a third notification is created, "Group summary". The "Group summary" notification should never happen but it does. If I run this task a third time, the same thing occurs, the 3 "Grouping Test" notifications are grouped but then another "Group summary" notification is created.
    Is this a bug?

8. Jean-Sebastien

Jean-Sebastien New Member

I was having the same kind of problem here. Im using a variable to increment when i register a notification and decrement on dismiss. This way unless my count is 0, i dont create a group summary. By the way, as long as your group summary has the same group key as your other notifications, the order in which you create them doesn't matter. So the group summary is always the first i create.

9. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

I am having the same issue as described above.
    If I follow the tutorial it works fine, the Group Summary notification does not create it's own notification and instead groups the already present notifications. I even split out the notification creation into two separate actions.

Here is the Action Description at current:
    Code (Text):
    PushOver Notification (26)
        A1: AutoNotification Cancel [ Configuration:Id: %anid Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
        A2: AutoNotification [ Configuration:Title: %antitle
    Text: %antext
    Icon: %anicon
    Status Bar Icon Manual: %anstatusbaricon
    Id: %anid
    Priority: %anpriority
    Sound: content://media/internal/audio/media/16
    Group Alert Behaviour: Alert Children
    LED Color: green
    LED On: 50
    LED Off: 50
    Vibration: 0,27
    Title Expanded: %antitlebig
    Text Expanded: %antextbig
    Group Key: pushover
    Category Id: %ancategoryid()
    Icon 1: ic_launcher Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
        A3: AutoTools Badge [ Configuration:Badge App: net.superblock.pushover
    Badge Number: %anid(#)
    App Packages: %anpackage Timeout (Seconds):60 ]
        A4: AutoNotification [ Configuration:Status Bar Text Size: 16
    Group Key: pushover Timeout (Seconds):20 ]

FWIW the A3 AutoTools Badge does not work either :( I want the badge to appear on the Pushover icon on my launcher (Nova) instead of the AutoNotification Icon, I guess I should create another thread for this one.

10. The_Fonz

The_Fonz Member

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

: grouping