AutoRemote error "Package file is invalid" when installing AutoRemote

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by cah65, Aug 24, 2015.

1. cah65

cah65 New Member

Hello
    Days ago, I bougth autoremote from google play.I can't install it because I've got an error: "Package file is invalid"
    I tried to install autoremote lite and I've got the same error.
    My phone is Samsung S2 Android 2.3.1 and I've uninstalled and installed many times google playstore as well as cancelling and restoring my google account without results
    Where can I buy again the autoremote outside from google play?

thank you

2. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Giving the old Android version you're running, it is a possibility that AutoRemote is incompatible with Gingerbread. I'm not 100% sure, though.
    Only Joao can give you a clear answer.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I haven't tried installing it on Gingerbread for a long time now. Does it give any reason why it says it's invalid?

4. cah65

cah65 New Member

no reason given!
    only appears on screen the error ; package file is invalid.
    I am desperate!

5. Speshal

Speshal New Member

I am getting the same error, I had Autoremote previously installed on my phone and had to do a factory reset, when I went to reinstall Autoremote I get the the "package file is invalid" message.

6. joaomgcd

I have now tried to run this on an Android 2.3.7 device and indeed it doesn't install. This happens due to bugs in the earlier Android versions where apps could not be too complex or they would fail to install. I'll have to remove support for Android versions lower than 4.0 for now, sorry. I'll try to see if I can find a way to get it working again. Sorry!

7. Speshal

Speshal New Member

Any news?

8. joaomgcd

Nope, sorry. It's going to have to be incompatible for now. :( I'll update the google play description to reflect this. Sorry for the trouble.

9. donutz

donutz New Member

Is there a way to get an older version of the app that would install on an old Gingerbread phone? Would it function correctly?

I have an old Droid X running android 2.3.4 that gives an "ERROR CODE : -11" after it downloads and attempts to install from the play store.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. Artimis

Artimis New Member

I wouldn't mind a link to the older version as well. Auto remote has been working great for me on all my 4.1+ devices but I have a Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 3, and Motoactive that I need to install this on but can't due to this error.
    If the incompatibility was introduced with IFTT integration, is there a link to the version prior? I don't use that feature anyway.

Thanks.

11. joaomgcd

Unfortunately I no longer have the old versions sorry :( Wish Google would keep them so I could download them for you.

: error