AutoTools Sending a Refresh Command (Autotools UpdateValues) into a Web Screen?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by nmcj, Oct 25, 2017.

1. nmcj

nmcj Member

Hiya,

I am sure this is pretty easy, but I am just unsure. How would I go about sending a command into a AutoTools web Screen to refresh the page. I have seen the AutoToolsUpdateValues command, but I am not sure how to initiate it.

The gist is this:
    WebScreen Loads
    AutoTools sends a command out
    This triggers a screen cap on another device
    Device 2 uploads the image to the Device 1
    Device 1 sends a command to Device to - into AutoTools (presumable) to reload the page, showing the new image

Any help is much appriciated.

Thanks,

NJ

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To initiate that function just make sure the "update" option is enabled when running the Web Screen and that function will be called :)

3. nmcj

nmcj Member

OK. That sounds really easy. So, is my tasks replaces the image being shown with another image - same file name -if the update option is checked, it will automatically update? Or do I need to uses separate images, and have the function change the src?

4. joaomgcd

It depends on the webscreen. In existing ones like the bubble webscreen for example it'll update. But it's up to you to update the image in the function if you're building a custom web screen :)

5. nmcj

nmcj Member

Thanks! I appreciate the reply. And i appologise if I am not being very clear. I can do the java function. What I am having trouble with - my skull is too damned thick - is figuring out what I need to do to activate or engage the function? That is to say, if I have the java in the index.html document that will reload the page, what Tasker/AutoTools thing do I do the pull the trigger to run the java?

Is it a JS injection? An HTML injection? Is there a variable change that - if linked to the autotools webscreen properly, when changed will trip the function?

6. joaomgcd

7. nmcj

nmcj Member