AutoInput autoinput based to a calandar event

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by solquest, Nov 15, 2017.

1. solquest

solquest Member

Hello.
    One thing I've always wanted to do is to change ringtone to a group of contacts depending on an event in my calendar.
    I have an app for assigning ringtone to groups (Group Ringtone) and so today I've tried to chage the ringtone using Macrodroid and AutoInput actions and gestures.
    I managed to do it, but the problem is that the trigger should be a calendar event and my phone has pin based lock screen.
    I've tried AutoInput unlock screen but couldn't be able to pass the lock screen.
    What can I do for unlocking the screen so AutoInput can manage to change my ringtones in Group ringtone?
    Another problem I have is that if I add an AutoInput Gesture with Gesture Type = Swipe, Start point = 340,1120, End point = 340,250 (going down) and Duration = 500 it works fine, but if I add an AutoInput Gesture with Gesture Type = Swipe, Start point = 340,250, End point = 340,1120 (going up) and Duration = 500 it doesn't swipe -and I get a notification saying AutoInput acion error/Points are invalid.
    Does this mean I can't swipe for going up but only for going down?
    Thanks.
    Luigi.

2. solquest

solquest Member

I managed to avoid the swipe issue deleting all the other ringtones, so now I have the old one and the new one in the same screen -and I don't need AutoInput Gesture.
    One more thing: after I select the new ringtone, the Group ringtone app takes a few seconds for updating all my contacts (showing a toast 'Updating contacts').
    After that updating I want that app to be closed (with back button).
    The problem is that I don't know how long it will take to update them.
    Is there a clever way for closing it when update is ended?
    I know I can make Macrodroid push the back button after some seconds, but knowing not how many of them, would be possibile to say 'hit the back button after that updating is ended (or after the 'Updating contacts' message is disappeared)'?
    Thanks as usual!

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can do a UI query and make it wait for a text that you know appears when the contacts are done loading? :)

4. solquest

solquest Member

I knew you had the solution for everything!!!

I've added AutoInput UI Query Action setting only Text = 'ringtone updated'.
    After that action I've added one toasting a message 'Done'.
    Trying it, the message 'Done' come out before the 'ringtone updated'.
    Is there something else I have to set?
    Thanks!

5. solquest

solquest Member

6. joaomgcd

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

7. solquest

solquest Member

Profile: Prova (3)
    Day: The 4th of Feb
    Enter: Anon (4)
    A1: Launch App [ App:Group Ringtone Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:Off Always Start New Copy:Off ]
    A2: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: kion
    Action : Click Package:com.joaomgcd.autoinput Name:AutoInput Action Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: silenzio
    Action : Click Package:com.joaomgcd.autoinput Name:AutoInput Action Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A5: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A6: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: OK
    A7: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A8: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: Altre opzioni
    A9: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:1 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A10: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: Update Now
    A11: AutoInput UI Query [ Configuration:Text: ringtones updated Package:com.joaomgcd.autoinput Name:AutoInput UI Query Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A12: Display Brightness [ Level:1 Disable Safeguard:Off Ignore Current Level:Off Immediate Effect:Off ]

At the end, instead of having the luminosity set to 1% I have a notification saying AutoInput action error/Action timed out, even id that message (ringtones updated) comes before the timeout set in AutoInput UI query

8. joaomgcd

So A11 completes right away instead of waiting is that it?

9. solquest

solquest Member

What I see is that after A10 I get the message '35 ringtones updated' and then after 20 seconds (the Timeout I've set in AutoInput UI Query) I get the notification saying AutoInput action error/Action timed out and A12 never completes

10. solquest

solquest Member

Is there a way (with AutoTools or any other your plugins) to have an app working on top of lockscreen?
    It's cause I want this task to be triggered by a calendar event, so I need it to work even if screen is locked.
    With App Setting (or Quick Access) I've set 'Show when locked' for that app and it does open the app even if the screen was locked.
    The problem is that if I (or AutoInput) do something on that app, I get back to lock screen.
    Is there a way for not only opening the app on top of lock screen but to be able to interact with it?

11. solquest

solquest Member

Is there a way for having AutoInput UI Query working when a Toast appears?
    Thanks!