Open Join does not work anymore when phone screen is off

Discussion in 'Join' started by francesco, Nov 22, 2017.

1. francesco

francesco Member

Hey everybody
    A long time ago I've made a tasker setup that, given some input from my windows 10 join app, would trigger a text back to the pc.
    for example: tasker command from join windows10 (info=:=display) would send back a notification to my pc with a couple base infos about my android phone (screen status on/off, display timeout, brightness, etc).
    I've recently noticed that it has stopped working when my device's screen is off. Now I'm 100% sure that it used to work earlier and can't understand why it suddenly stopped.
    I made sure that join has no battery optimization or anything similar to that and i also tested all of the commands and noticed that not any of them works anymore when phone's screen is off while they do instead work when it's awake.

Any idea of why this could be happening? thanks in advance

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. Do the pushes still come in while the screen is off? For example, do you receive URL pushes when the screen is off?

3. francesco

francesco Member

Well It actually started working again today after I came back home from class.
    If you still need the infos though, I remember that the "write"and "paste" functions both worked properly while the "note to self", "tasker command" and "screenshot" didn't
    I'm not sure if it was just a temporary problem or what but these are the infos I can provide!
    also, i was having my pc plugged into my home network via cable and my phone connected to the same wifi (if that helps in any way)
    I'll keep trying today at random times to see what happens and updating this post

4. francesco

francesco Member

Ok so, approximately 5 hours after my other post Join's tasker commands have stopped working again when the screen is off.
    The paste in clipboard button still works and same goes for the ring button

oops, I'm sorry I must have not read this earlier. Yes if I rightclick a link on my desktop and go "Open link on SM-A510F" It does unlock my phone and open my requested url

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

6. francesco

francesco Member

I kinda noticed this yesterday after linking my old samsung galaxy s3 neo to join and noticing it received my pushes correctly and that would be a shame if it was the case
    I'll look into it even though my google app is 7.16.18.21.arm and I dont udnerstand how his one can possibly be 7.6 (maybe the android wear version?)
    Anyway thanks for the tip, I'll have a look!