Tasker: send voice input from tasker to watch

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Jerome Holasca, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Jerome Holasca

Jerome Holasca New Member

Hi
    I have created a task from tasker and also i have a watch, my goal is instead of using the mic of my phone i want to use my watch, i know how you can send voice input from watch to phone but my question is what if in my task in tasker it needs to ask a voice input, in normal way it will just show the google mic right? but instead of showing the google mic from my phone i want to show it on my watch.
    Thank you :)

2. Jerome Holasca

Simplest way: i want to open the google mic of watch using tasker

3. Adam Lopresto

Adam Lopresto New Member

Depending on what exactly you're trying to do, I think you could possibly achieve it with AutoWear. You'd use AutoWear to create a Voice Screen to get voice input from the watch. Then you set a Command Prefix on that, and create a Tasker profile for it to trigger (from event Plugin/AutoWear/Command Received), and in the task associated with that do whatever you want with the text you get from the watch.
    The difficulty is that you'd have to break up your task into two, one to start getting the voice-to-text from the watch, and the other to do what you want with the text once the first is done.

4. Jerome Holasca

Thank you Adam for your reply :). But my question is i want to open the google mic of my watch using a tasker, for example i run a task from tasker on my phone and on that task i will send command from phone to watch that i need a voice input, now instead of using the mic of my phone i want to use the mic of my watch.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You should use the Voice Screen in AutoWear :) Hope this helps!