AutoVoice Use Google Assistant for AutoVoice commands

Learn how you can use Join and IFTTT to bring AutoVoice commands to Google Assistant

1. Har02052

Har02052 New Member

I did see that. It seemed a bit "messy" to have to go through IFTTT and join. For now my easiest solution is that I just create a shortcut on my home screen that will run my profile. One tap and it opens all the apps and changes all the settings that I need. Thanks for all your work. Looking forward to seeing what tasker and your apps will be able to do in the future.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you!

3. BeastyUmbrella

BeastyUmbrella New Member

I had all my AutoVoice tasks working properly before flashing the assistant. Then I realized the assistant doesn't work with AutoVoice and found this guide. I have followed every step but can't get it to work! When I say "ok google... AutoVoice say hello" the assistant just replies with "ok" and the task isn't executed. However, if I do it directly to AutoVoice the task is registered and executed. Any suggestions on why google assistant can't recognize the command and send it to AutoVoice?

4. joaomgcd

Did you update AutoVoice to the version I released today? :) I've added a fix related to that in the release. Thanks!

5. BaSingWolf

BaSingWolf New Member

I only use IFTTT and then have it send a notification to my phone such as "lock my phone" then Tasker picks up the notification and acts on it and clears it. Less work and moving parts for me. Also no Join app required.
    Just my 2 cents. But others my have different requirements and that's what Tasker is all about. It's the multi tool... :)
    I am a huge fan by the way. LOVE, Tasker.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  6. Aviroop

Aviroop New Member

Since Google has released API for assistant, is there any chance you will update this method?

7. joaomgcd

Where did you see that release @Aviroop ?

8. Aviroop

Aviroop New Member

Google Assistant SDK.

9. joaomgcd

10. Ron Parker

Ron Parker New Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Fohshezee likes this.
  11. Adi Corrales

Adi Corrales New Member

Hello everyone. I set up my phone exactly like this tutorial and everything seems to work ok, up to tasker. But when I send the test command to autovoice, nothing happens. I double checked my commands and they work, so I tried to set a manual test command in autovoice and I found it's not working. I write one of my natural languages commands, but the test command doesn't trigger the action. So, tasker is sending the test command, but autovoice is not recognizing it. Any idea of what could be causing this? Thanks.
    Edit. I just checked the log. The recognition log reports that the command sent by Google assistant was received. It just report "possible command" but does nothing.

12. joaomgcd

Can you please try this in AutoVoice:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

13. Adi Corrales

Adi Corrales New Member

Sure! Just... I don't know how to export the logs. Should I copy and paste all of them or is there a "master" export setting?