AutoInput Accessibility settings

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by blessedwalnut, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blessedwalnut

blessedwalnut New Member

I created an app using tasker app factory, with several auto input tasks. These work fine in tasker (both tasker and autoinput are enabled in accessibility settings), but don't work in the exported app (which doesn't appear in the accessibility settings). Anyone have any experience of this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The tasks will still be using AutoInput so only that will be needed to be enabled in the security settings :)

3. blessedwalnut

blessedwalnut New Member

What about with an exported standalone app though? Shouldn't that work on its own without auto input installed?

4. joaomgcd

Nope, you still need any plugins that are used in the tasks.

5. blessedwalnut

blessedwalnut New Member

Presvioauly when I have created this app it appeared in the accessibility options and would only work when I enabled it. Now it doesn't appear there and the app won't work (although the tasks work fine in tasker)

6. joaomgcd

7. E-Man

E-Man New Member

Hi, I am also having this issue. I do not believe this is a Tasker-related issue as other Tasker plugins work correctly by exporting the required files with the exported package which is what is supposed to happen.

This is also clear by the fact that the exported app has "Accessibility" permission that can be enabled but does nothing. The exported app still uses the Autoinput plugin Accessibility service instead of the exported app's Accessibility service which is incorrect.

Also, by doing this, that means that the plugin has to be bought for every single Android device the app is used on which is very unreasonable and again, other plugins do not act this way.

What is Tasker's policy in this?

Thanks.

Please use the QUOTE feature when replying to me to get my attention. Thanks!

8. joaomgcd

When you export an app that uses plugins the devices you install it on will always have to have those plugins installed. This is not specific to AutoInput. Tasker never includes other plugins in exported apps.

Hope this clarifies it.

: exported app