Open Join for Chrome showing wrong pictures in SMS.

Discussion in 'Join' started by Indy1204, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Indy1204

Indy1204 New Member

Hello. Been using join for a couple of years now without issue. Starting last week I noticed that when someone sends me a picture as an attachment the wrong picture is shown in join. The picture is correct in the android messaging app though. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the report. Is the picture one from the same thread at least? thanks!

3. Indy1204

Indy1204 New Member

They appear to be random. They look like other pictures I've either received or taken.

4. joaomgcd

But they don't seem related to that thread at all? Thanks

5. Indy1204

Indy1204 New Member

Hard to tell. If they were from the same thread it would have been from months and months ago. Nothing I could find.

6. joaomgcd

Thank you. Does it fix it if you disable and re-enable the SMS Service toggle in the Android app's settings?

7. grg

grg New Member

I hate to bump this old thread, but this has happened to me as well. However, my question is less about receiving the wrong pictures and more about figuring out where they are coming from. I've gotten picture messages where the notification showed pictures I received over a year ago from a different person on a different installation of Join. When I look in my Google Drive to to see if I can figure out where these pictures are coming from, I come up empty. Is it possible these files are somehow hidden?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I recall older versions of join letting you hide Join files on your Google Drive. I've since factory reset my phone several times and reinstalled Join which creates a new Join folder. Meanwhile, the hide Join files function (which I may have just imagined existing) doesn't exist anymore and I can't unhide files from previous installations of Join to find where all of these old pictures are stored on my Drive.

8. joaomgcd

The files are stored in the Join Files/From .../SMS Files Can you see any there?

9. grg

grg New Member

I do but they're all the files I would expect to be there (i.e. they're all relatively recent). There's somewhere on my drive where SMS files from a year and a half ago are stored that will occasionally appear in the Chrome notification when I am sent a new picture instead of the new picture. It might just remain a mystery and I'm going to have to be haunted by photos from an ex-girlfriend every so often (which is fine considering how good the app is otherwise and how much I depend on it).

10. mikedasimian

mikedasimian New Member

I know it's an old thread, but I had the same issue:
    Messages from sender A included an image. When I opened the image, it would be a photo from Sender B from some time last year.

This fixed it for me:
    1. In Google Drive, delete the Join Files folder.
    2. In Chrome, remove the Join extension.
    3. In the Join app on your mobile device, in Settings > SMS and Phone Calls, disabled SMS and Call Service.
    4. Re-enable SMS and Call Service.
    5. In Chrome, add the Join extension.
    6. Check a recent message that contained an image to see if the image is correct.

11. joaomgcd

Hhhmmm, very insteresting. I need to look into this again with that new info, thanks!

: chrome, join, sms, mms