EventGhost Worked Beautifully... Now..

Discussion in 'EventGhost' started by Starf1337, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

It is a trainwreck. I was using it for months. Messages sent to and from PC fine. Then this started happening:
    Out - 2015-10-08 10:32:07.432 - Error sending Text: "Ok. Now I am starting to get angry." to PC-1: Error doing request: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://192.168.1.100:1818 refused

The PC still sent messages to the phone with absolutely no problems.

Seems simple enough. Fiddled with firewall, Antivirus/antimalware, checked, rechecked and rechecked and rechecked router configuration.

Tried Chrome Fallback. But it seems like I can only get messages to Chrome... not the actual EventGhost. That is, I can get the phone to toast a message on the screen but that is 100% worthless to me because I want to be back where I was: prompt autovoice "computer, click start" and EventGhost sends a paramaterized command to AutoHotKey that searches the screen for Start and clicks it. And synced clipboards like in the examples. It all worked. I acquired exactly 0 new hardware devices and made exactly 0 changes to any of it.

Finally, today, I did a COMPLETE wipe. I uninstalled and deleted all related files and registry keys related to EventGhost. Wiped AutoRemote and reinstalled in on the Android phone. Reset router to factory settings and disabled ALL filters and even security features.. all of them... Disabled Windows Firewall. Disabled Avira and Spybot (my only antimalwares).

Then I followed the AutoApps page for setting up Eventghost. I followed it VERY carefully and VERY thoroughly.

And now.. Neither works. The PC successfully registers with all devices but the devices cannot send it anything and neither can the PC send the devices anything.

I am very frustrated at this point so please, be patient with me. Presently I am more of a fuse than a human.

2. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

Update: Got it to send messages to the Androids again, but PC still does not get them. :(

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try this:
    - clear logs in AutoRemote
    - enable system logs
    -send message to eventghost
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

4. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

Certainly. I have scheduled if for when I get home today (using AutoVoice, and AutoLocation, naturally ;)).

As aside, I have captured the frames using wireshark. Wireshark says they have a bad checksum, but when I look at the hash bools for for bad checksum and good checksum and they are both 0... ? Firstly I had no idea TCP packets had a bool for both good and bad... seems redundant.. second, obviously the checksum cannot be both 1 and 0... unless I have the first spontaneous quantum router ever.

As always I appreciate your help and look forward to resolving this problem.

5. Starf1337

Starf1337 New Member

Something has come up. I will not be able to do this until I am using the computer again in a day or two.

6. Mapkoxa

Mapkoxa New Member

I have this problem too, how i can solve it?

Ölcreme Drehcrahn likes this.