AutoInput Ui Query in Notification Bar

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Yellowcard, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Yellowcard

Yellowcard New Member

Hello! Love AutoApps! I'm not that experienced yet but picking it up. ☺️ A question to whomever with the expertise:
    How do I get the Autoinput UI Query to see what is in the notification bar? I'm trying to press the Spotify Buttons in the notification bar (while Spotify is playing it has a persistent notification with play/pause and previous/next) with an Autoinput action. I could do it in the app but as I understand I have to make Autoinput bring the app to the front to use the Autoinput actions on different buttons and then go back to whatever app I was using while playing music. That seems ineffective and slow compared with using the notification bar buttons. Thanks a lot in advance!

2. Yellowcard

Yellowcard New Member

This question also goes for making a UI Query in general for things in the notification bar.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

4. Yellowcard

Yellowcard New Member

Thanks a lot! It works! ☺️

5. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

How do I use uiquery to pick up the status of airplane mode in the notification panel?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately I don't think it can be done there sorry. You can do it this way though.

7. Tasker Pro

Tasker Pro New Member

You can do this on some devices, depending on how your notification panel is arranged. First you would use the Tasker Action Display > Status Bar > Expanded to get the panel expanded so AutoInput can 'see' it.

Then you would use the UI Query action to have AutoInput take a look at what is there. Usually there is a text listing for Airplane Mode immediately followed by it's on/off status in the array %aitext() that the UI Query returns.

To find out if UI Query can see your notification panel and all the text/info it returns - use this UI Query Helper Task.

Here is an example from my Galaxy S7 of the %aitext() array where it shows the Airplane Mode status:

Code (Text):
    9.  Do not,disturb,Off.,Button
    10.  Portrait,On.,Button
    11.  Flashlight,Off.,Button
    12.  Airplane,mode,Off.,Button
    This is a good method to track things that Tasker doesn't have variables for, however Tasker has the %AIR variable to give you the status of airplane mode without having to do the above ;)