AutoVoice Play Custom Sounds on Google Home Command Responses

Learn how to make Google Home say whatever you want by playing custom mp3 or wav sounds on it

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Play Custom Sounds on Google Home - Learn how to make Google Home say whatever you want by playing custom mp3 or wav sounds on it

Read more about this project...

2. Paul Watson HCS

Paul Watson HCS New Member

Hey, I've recorded a lot of responses for home automation - For instance, take a look at some of the responses I've done for Voiceattack software. Much of which can be used with this tech. I'd be happy to work with you on some of this. Check out my projects or search for HCS VoicePacks

We already record over 50k responses as sound bytes.

3. joaomgcd

4. Sessho

Sessho New Member

Hello there and thanx for the amazing work you are doing . I'm just a complete noob to all this so please bear with me. All started from my need to listen a sound when i open a specific light. The thing is that i tried to make it work with routines or ifft but i wasnt successful as it lags a lot and the response is not immediate and i have even google reply that take out all the magic for my light presentation i want to achieve. So today i bought Tasker and AutoVoice and i tried to set up this project but i find quite difficult with a big learning curve. Anyway tried to follow the instructions on the video to set up a simple sound (after watch all tasker tutorials with Ian) but it doesnt seems to work the url i put . Tried different files from different sources(dropbox/nas/google drive) so i suppose its something wrong with the command. The text response is working without problem but then the link appears in google assistant log.

---> ask autovoice to play a sound

---> (autovoice symbol) <speak>Hello <audio src="https....">Placeholder</audio></speak>

and the mp3 sound is not played.

Any idea how i can resolve it ? Also for connecting this automation with my lights what can i do ? Can i put the same commands i give google home somewhere in the Autovoice app or these i use on Routines?

I read almost all the forum and read and watched a lot of videos but i dont have any programming skill so it seems all greek to me . Little by little i will get for sure to do some simple things but until then please bear with me even if my questions sound totally stupid . The only app that got to understand almost full and it's amazing is Join . After the trial its a must purchase. Again congratulations for all your work even if i cannot fully understand i can see from the results in the various videos that it's great all this automation created !

Kind Regards

5. joaomgcd

Hi, thank you very much for your post :)

About the command, are you using natural language or regular AutoVoice commands? For now the custom sounds will only work with natural language, sorry!

To actually automate the lights you'll need to get a plugin that can connect to those lights :) Which kind of lights are those?

Hope I can help you through everything you need!

6. Sessho

Sessho New Member

Thanx for the reply ! I used the Natural language that is currentlly in trial (maybe that's the reason it doesnt work ? ) until 1July after that i have the subscription for 0.89e per month. I followed exactly the video where you show how to play a custom sound. The only difference is that i tried with dropbox / google drive and a shared link from my nas instead of Google cloud drive.

All the lights are Philips Hue . Which plugin can i use? Thanx in advance for your help !
    Edited : Checked better found a lot of things actually as Hue pro tasker, AutoHue or through https request that i can integrate directly to tasker ^_^

P.S. In Join the manual selection of - " Send a file to your device "doesnt work while if i pop out the app and drag and drop the file it works flawlessly ! (Not that bothers just sharing a possible bug) (Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) Ubuntu 18.04 <----->Oneplus 6 with oxygen os 5.1.8)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  7. joaomgcd

Thank you! :)

Can you please try going into https://dialogflow.com/ and edit your intent and under responses-> Google Assistant select Customize Audio Output and then use the special audio notation there? :) Thanks in advance!

8. Sessho

Sessho New Member

Passsssssssssssssssssssst

Danke ! It worked! thanx you !

I combined the AutoVoice command with the new GH Routines and now the light is turned on with a custom sound ! Moreover for anyone trying it it should be in the first place the autovoice command and placed as second action the light switch otherwise only the first command is done . Also the phrase Sure, here is autovoice is completely skipped ! So it's perfect now ! Thanx again Joao !

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  9. joaomgcd

Great to know thanks :D