AutoInput Beginner help with autoinput. Is this possible to make more simple?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Armin Foric, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Armin Foric

Armin Foric New Member

Hi!

I need some help and i also have some questions. Maybe one of you guys can help me. I`m a beginner at this Tasker, autoinput etc apps.

1. I have made a macro as follows: I want to toggle mobil data when certain trigger is fired

- A trigger is fired
    - Wait 1 sec
    - Autoinput Global Action - Quick Settings
    - Wait 1 sec
    - Autoinput Action - Click, Text, Data (Enables DATA)
    - Wait 1 Sec
    - Collapse Status Bar

Now to the question.
    1. Can i execute the task without the delays, i mean, if i skipp "wait 1 sec" the actions wont work properly. Is there any way to execute this process faster and without the delays? Now i feel like is faster to do this manually . When i see the youtube video for autoinput, the task are executed in few seconds. How do i make it possible?

2. Can i instead of using "wait" program is to execute next process if the above is done?
    I.E I want to execute "Enable Data" after the first command "Quick settings" is done

3. What is the best way to make a action likes this, Is this simple enought you think?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. My other macro is as follows: I want to start a certain app, when the app is started i want autoinput to type in the password (4 digits) and then press enter. But i sure want to believe that this is easier procedure that this:

Now it is like this:

- Fire Trigger (App lunches)
    - Wait 5 seconds (Until the apps properly starts"
    - Autoinput Action - Click, text, 1 (First digit of the password)
    - Wait 1 sec
    - Auotinput Action - Click, text, 2 (Second digit of the password)

Question: Whats the easiest way to make this work.
    1. Can i execute all 4 digits in a row, because now i have to make separat action for each digit?
    2. Can i use a Variable, that only executes when the proper screen appears
    I.E I want the app to start before the password is typed. Now i use wait command, but i rather make it more simply and let autoinput wait for the right screen before proceding .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. Last question: Can somebody please, please, please explain variables for me in the simplest way possible. As i said, im very noob at this but i want to learn as much i can. How can i use variables for the actions above for example

Is there any way to execute taskes in background?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.
    1. Usually you don't need to wait. AutoInput will automatically wait until the correct item is on the screen to click it. What happens if you remove the waits?
    2. You have to make separate actions for each digit, but you probably don't need to wait. As said before AutoInput already waits for the screen to come up to click stuff.
    3. Does this explain it? :)
    You can't execute AutoInput actions in the background unfortunately. Hope this helps!

3. Armin Foric

Armin Foric New Member

Hi!

Yes, I see. Problem is when I don't have a "Wait" action the AutoInput will execute all the tasks and once, resulting in inappropriate actions. I use it with macrodroid, because I find it more simple.

Is there any setting in autoinput that needs to have been checked?

Does Tasker work better with AutoInput?

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, because with Tasker you can add wait actions so that you can give it time to properly work ... Sorry!