AutoVoice GA + AutoVoice + Swedish?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Adde_h80, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Adde_h80

Adde_h80 New Member

I would definitely consider myself an AutoApps and tasker newbie, so hope the solution is easy. :)
    But I my issue now is that I cannot trigger the right tasker actions after GA was released in Swedish.
    Before that I had my home button (Galaxy S7) programmed to launch AutoVoice, which recognized my voice commands in Swedish perfectly.
    Then Google Assistant came along, which I also would like to use, and the problems began.
    I have no problems to activate AutoVoice by saying "Ask AutoVoice" (haven't found a Swedish command which triggers AutoVoice to listen) but when saying the commands in Swedish it does strange matches in English.. Which obviously doesn't work since the AutoVoice recognized commands are in Swedish..

I can't figure out why though.. GA is set to Swedish, and everything else works perfect.
    AutoVoice alone (before GA) also worked great in both recognizing and speaking Swedish.. AV is also setup for Swedish..

What am I missing?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The problem is that you are now using AutoVoice with the Google Assistant and not Google Now like before.

AutoVoice now integrates with the Google Assistant API which requires you to say "Ask AutoVoice". Unfortunately with Google Assistant it can't work directly like before.

To get it to work in swedish though, I need to add support for it. I need someone to translate some stuff to swedish so I can add it :) Do you think you can do it?

Thanks in advance.

3. Adde_h80

Adde_h80 New Member

Of course, I'd love to help out! What do you need translated?

4. Yra

Yra New Member

Hello! I'm from Ukraine.
    We need the support of Ukrainian or Russian language! )

5. luisillo

luisillo New Member

Is there any way to change the magic word "ask to" in Spanish language?
    In Spanish the command is "pedir a autovoice" the problem is that is very difficult that GA recognize the letter A between "pedir" and "autovoice" because in Spanish sounds like "pedir autovoice" (without the letter "a" between)
    I thin that the best solution is change the command from "pedir a autovoice" to "pedir en autovoice" (grammaticaly is best "pedir a autovoice", but is very difficult for GA recognize the correct phrase)
    Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

6. joaomgcd

Ok, here's the sheet where translations can be done. @Yra if you can send me your gmail account I can add you as the editor of the russian tab :)

@luisillo unfortunately developers can't change that phrase, sorry. But you have alternative ways of asking, check here. Hope this helps!

7. Kristian Tigersjäl

Kristian Tigersjäl New Member

Has the Swedish translation been completed? If any further work is needed, I'd be happy to be of assistance.

24H likes this.
  8. joaomgcd

It has, but Google now has to accept it and I'm having a little trouble with that, sorry!

9. Dinsten

Dinsten New Member

Any news on this? I'd love to be able to use Autovoice in Swedish.

On a sidenote, the Swedish translation in the sheet isn't very good. Is it too late to submit a new translation? (I work part time with professional translations.)

10. joaomgcd

Sorry, still no news :( Been very busy with Tasker itself lately. And yes, you can now also edit the translation, thank you very much! :) Can you please note what you've changed so that I know what I need to update? Thanks in advance!

11. Dinsten

Dinsten New Member

I understand!

I still can't edit the sheet, but I sent an edit request.

12. Dinsten

Dinsten New Member

I've updated the Swedish translation and highlighted my changes in yellow. Let's hope Google adds it soon :)

13. joaomgcd

Thank you very very much! :) Really appreciate it!

14. Dinsten

Dinsten New Member

Any news regarding getting AutoVoice to work in Swedish?
    Does it really take Google this long to implement it? :(

15. joaomgcd

Now there's a bug in their UI that doesn't allow me to add new languages... I'll try to submit as soon as they allow me, sorry!

16. Adde_h80

Adde_h80 New Member

Thanks!
    That first "draft" was mine. Now it was to many months ago I did the translation so can't remember exactly how I phrased the sentences, but remember it was harder than I thought it would be to find the best translation.. But yours is good!

Now we just need to wait for Google, which obviously does not have this as a priority .

17. Dinsten

Dinsten New Member

Thank you! It can definitely be hard to find the best translation, thank you for your original work!

The UI bug should have been fixed now. Have the Swedish translations been submitted yet?

18. Adde_h80

Adde_h80 New Member

Nothing new yet?

19. Arek M

Arek M New Member

Hello, Poland here :)
    Searching for running Tasker tasks from GA I found this thread. I'm also very interested in enabling this functionality in Polish language. I've seen the translation sheet and found that Polish translation isn't very good. In some cases I had to read sentences in English to understand it. Moreover, the main command "ask" is not properly translated. Polish word "zapytaj" means "ask about" not "ask for" so those commands have no sense.
    Can I help and make corrections to Polish translations?

20. Adde_h80

Adde_h80 New Member

Is this still dead? Last year it sounded like a solution was close, but then Google got in the way... But now there has been quite many months since then . What is today's status?