AutoWear Floating icons disappearing after period of time or reboot

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Paul Koulikov, May 3, 2015.

1. Paul Koulikov

Paul Koulikov New Member

Hi!
    Just started using autowear and created few floating icons and settings to change brightness from max to min and keep screen on or off.
    Icons are in the right upper and lower corner of the screen. They are transparent.
    Icons worked fine in the evening for a few hours, but in the morning they don't work. I had to recreate them using autowear.
    During night watch was disconnected from the phone, if it is relevant.
    Also, if i power off the watch and then power on, icons don't work either and need to be recreated.
    Is this a bug or normal behaviour? Workaround is to create task in tasker to set up icons every day in the morning, for example.
    My watch is Asus ZenWatch with android 5.0.2, phone is Nexus 5 with android 5.1. Autowear is 1.0.4.
    The shake action, which i also made to change brightness, continues to work without problems.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.
    It's norrmal for that to happen when you reboot your watch. It's not normal to do that otherwise though. I'll investigate and try to figure out what the problem is. Thanks

3. Paul Koulikov

Paul Koulikov New Member

Ok, thanks, for now i moved all icons to create through Takser every 4 hours, so it will keep them working.

4. Paul Koulikov

Paul Koulikov New Member

Icons continue to disappear even in version 1.0.6... I made icons not transparent to see them for sure, and they disappeared in 1 hour after i created them through Tasker.
    If open Autowear, i can find that icons, so they were not deleted, but hidden.

I also examined the log and found one "boot" event. I don't remember that i rebooted the watch. May be watch was self rebooted because of some reason and then icons were hidden. So i'll search the log for "boot" event next time the icons disappear.
    =====
    Update: after this night icons still present on the screen. It's unclear what causes disappearing.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  5. joaomgcd

Thank you for the report. I actually created a floating icon in the middle of my screen (so that it's always clearly visible) and didn't mess with it for 2 whole days and it always remained there. Maybe this is an issue related to low memory or something? Are you absolutely sure you have no task that's deleting the icon in Tasker?

6. Paul Koulikov

Paul Koulikov New Member

No, i am sure i have no tasks, that delete or hide the icons. Only tasks to create them.
    And from my last post it's also two days passed - i can confirm, that icons didn't disappear.
    May be it was some low memory issue, as you said. During that time i was experimenting with some other settings, icons, apps and etc., frequently updating them on the watch. So the memory could get corrupted or overflowed somehow.
    Now i just use the watch without modifying anything - and all works fine.
    Recreation of icons is needed after reboot only, which i linked to Autowear &BOOT& event in Tasker.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  7. Paul Koulikov

Paul Koulikov New Member

Updated Asus watch to android 5.1.1, but icons still disappear from time to time... but i can not find exact conditions, when it is happening.

8. lounsbrough

lounsbrough New Member

I am also having the issue. Sony smartwatch 3 - Android 5.1.1. My icon seems to disappear after a while. I have a Facer watch face, maybe that is causing it? Is there a way to keep an icon that only shows when on the home screen? That would be amazing.

9. joaomgcd

Unfortunately there's no way to do that unless I implemented a watch face myself. Sorry!

10. David.Gilmore

David.Gilmore New Member

Check to see that ALL of your AutoWear objects have unique names. If your floating icon shares the same name as a command (for example), sending that command to the watch will erase the floating icon because of the duplicate name.

11. lounsbrough

lounsbrough New Member

Not the problem, it disappears randomly.

12. Denistbz

Denistbz New Member

Hi Jo, same problem here. I think it's not just floating icons to desapper but the whole autowear on watch to be killed: shake activation stops working either.
    Happens after reboot but also after watch disconnection from phone. I have several watch disconnections during the day due to phone out of range or car connection and so autowear becomes unreliable. Please fix. Tnx! Moto 360 2nd gen. Samsung Note 4.

EDIT: shake activation might be a different issue: even going in autowear setting on the watch to reset shake activation, shaking is not detected and can not be recorded. Have to reboot the watch to have it working. Any other accelerometer function on the watch are working correctly, hence it's software not hardware.
    By the way, why hitting "Command" (created via autowear initial tutorial) in the apps drawer it recalls the voice screen, but saying "OK Google -> start command" brings up autowear settings?
    Sorry for bothering with all these issues but I am new to Android Wear: coming from rooted Gear 1 with custom rom, I was expecting to go way better...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016