AutoInput How to automatically press Agree to Improve Location Accuracy?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by AdrianShepherd, Mar 5, 2019.

1. AdrianShepherd

AdrianShepherd New Member

I'm very new to Tasker and Autoinput, but the apps are incredible.

Basically, I'm trying to use Tasker on my rooted phone (Samsung A3 on Android 7.0) to turn GPS back on in high accuracy mode 30 seconds after whenever it is toggled off, and then for Autoinput to automatically press "Agree" on the dialogue that pops up from Google that says "Improve Location Accuracy".

So far, I've managed to set up the following:

Created an Event in Tasker using Variable > Variable Set, then Variable as %GPS, Value as "off".

Then I associated the below Task with this Event:

A1: Custom Setting
    Type: Secure
    Name: location_providers_allowed
    Use Root: Off
    Read Setting To: %current_provider

A2: If %current_provider !~ *gps*

A3: Location Mode
    Mode: High Accuracy

A4: Else

A5: Location Mode
    Mode: Off

A6: End If

With this, when I turn the GPS off, it comes back on instantly, and the "Improve Location Accuracy" dialogue pops up on screen, and I have to press "Agree".

I would like to add a 30 second delay to the GPS turning back on, and for Autoinput to press on "Agree" for me.

Can I add something to the above Task or Profile to do this?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you try using the AutoInput Action action in Tasker to do that?

3. AdrianShepherd

Thank you for your response (and for making and maintaining such amazing apps).

I haven't managed to successfully implement your suggestion, as I'm not sure exactly how to do it. I've been tinkering with the Profile/Task as laid out above, but I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't figured out how to utilise that function.

Could you possibly help me do this?

4. joaomgcd

What part of it aren't you able to use? Did you try using the "Easy Setup" option?

5. AdrianShepherd

Sorry for the delay, my trials expired so I had to purchase Tasker and AutoInput, as I'm hoping I can get them to do what I need.

I have attempted the Easy Setup option, but it didn't work in my tests, although it's likely I'm doing something incorrect.

Basically, I've tried to add an additional action to the Task listed above, after Action 3 (Location Mode).

I created an AutoInput Action, Type: Text, Value: AGREE, Action: Click. This was created after following guidance from the Easy Setup wizard, i.e. it created a notification telling me to navigate to the screen I want, then press Add, and it identified the field as "App: Google Play services, Text: 'AGREE', Point (x,y): 578, 947", at which point I clicked Accept and it took me back to Tasker.

On my tests, the location turns back on when toggled off, but the Improve Location Accuracy pop up shows and it doesn't automatically click on Agree.

What am I doing wrong?

6. joaomgcd

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

7. AdrianShepherd

So I exported the description and emailed it to myself, and I'm pasting it below. I hope this is what you meant!

LocTog (5)
    A1: Custom Setting [ Type:Secure Name:location_providers_allowed Value: Use Root:Off Read Setting To:%current_provider ]
    A2: If [ %current_provider !~ *gps* ]
    A3: Location Mode [ Mode:High Accuracy ]
    A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: AGREE
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A5: Else
    A6: Location Mode [ Mode:Off ]
    A7: End If

8. joaomgcd

Yes, that's it thanks :) Can you try adding a 1 second wait between A3 and A4? Maybe AutoInput is being too fast to click?

9. AdrianShepherd

My apologies for the late reply, I've been away on work.

Initially, your suggestion didn't work. Then I reinstalled both apps, added the 1 second wait, and it started working. Strangely enough, when I removed the waiting step afterwards, it continued to work!

Now, sometimes Autoinput will click "Agree" immediately, other times it takes up to 2 seconds. I noticed this even with the 1 second wait step. I'm not sure if this expected behaviour? Obviously it is not ideal to have to wait too long, otherwise I could tap the option myself.

Thank you for helping me get this far though, really appreciate it.

10. joaomgcd

No problem :) Glad to help!
    AutoInput will retry to click the UI each second. Maybe add a smaller wait (like 300 ms) and maybe AutoInput will be able to click it on first try?