AutoVoice GH + AV mutli User usage

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Adrian Wojton, May 10, 2019.

1. Dear all, I have setup and configured GH an AV so that it triggers tasks in Tasker correct on an andoird device that is linked to my Google account. The issue / problem I do have now is, that when I call GH with my voice every task is full filed fine and correct through AV and tasker, but if my daughter or wife say the same voice commands to GH, GH is responding it is not recognizing the voice and can't communicate /send command AV. Is there any solution that more/different people can give GH/AV commands that with just one Google accounted linked?
    Is there any multi user solution?

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You have 2 options:
    • Disable multi-user on your Google Home
    • Link their accounts to AutoVoice (although this wouldn't trigger stuff on your device, just theirs)
    Hope this helps!

3. Hey joaomgcd,

Thanks for the feedback but both ideas do not work. So it's not possible to link more than one Google assistant account with one AV so that there are no permission problems through Google home / assistant to trigger a task on just one device (doesn't matter Google assistant on the device is just linke with one or more Google assistant accounts)? Do you or anybody see than any workarounds? Would it maybe wor with joint instead of AV?

It would be really nice to have the possibility to trigger different task with Google home by different person. Maybe a rights and roles setting could be something that could be developed in the future so that a user can define which tasks can only be triggered by one person an which ones by different persons.

Thanks in advance

4. joaomgcd

Hhmmm, so what happened exactly when you disabled multi-user on the Google Home?

5. Dear joaomgcd,
    I have tried some things now and tried but unfortunately no success. Now I have come to another solution.
    Many thanks for the support here in the forum. I have a question.
    Where can I delete my account in the forum, because I won't need it anymore?
    Many thanks

6. joaomgcd

Ok, I'll delete it for you. Not sure if users can do it themselves...