Multiple AutoApps Think tank - ideas worth spreading

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by Daniel D, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Hi guys,
    I'm starting here a thread where I want you to post ideas of things that you've done with Tasker/AutoApps. Any idea is welcome, no matter the complexity.
    I'm starting with my list which I'll complete with your ideas, so the first post will contain the list of all ideas. Later I'll sort the list for better management.
    No full profiles/questions/explanations in this thread please!
    Thanks!

• turn off notification while playing Real Racing 3 (the vibrator disrupts steering)
    • warn when data roaming
    • change input method/screen orientation when connecting external keyboard
    • deactivate security when connected to Pebble
    • night mode (no sync, no vibrator, no sounds) & night sync
    • send clipboard/call number from computer
    • enable auto sync while connected to wifi and disable when disconnecting
    • car mode (start Waze & Torque, display scene with triggers for waze reports, day/night screen luminosity)
    • trigger time punches in Time Recording using Pebble
    • extract token code from bank sms and display it on Pebble
    • send Youtube URL to Eventghost for it to be downloaded and converted to MP3
    • backup Alarm that triggers when I over sleep my other alarms to make sure I definitely do wake up
    • send files from the PC to the Smartphone over WiFi
    • If I leave defined wifis, the phone sends a lock message via AutoRemote to predefined systems, so that the script/client behind it locks the system and KEEPS it locked till I reenter the wifis.
    • integration with IP Webcam Pro (IP Webcam turns your phone into a network camera)
    • integration with Imperihome (interface to control multiple home automation systems) to control the phone that is acting as a network camera (reboot, turn recording on/off, turn flash on/off)
    • contact based reminders that are set via voice and notify when being called by or calling said contact
    • tuning off vibration mode after set time that is chosen when turning on vibration mode
    • unlocking phone via voice pin, that changes according to the time of the day
    • check phone contract/prepay paying balance from your Wear watch
    • control home scenes/profiles based on location/calendar entries/driving/alarms/time/Kodi playing status/ect.
    • baby monitor that uses an old phone on my network with Motion/Sound Sensor app
    • logging the time I get to and leave work, including lunch time, to a local text file. Based on wi-fi network detection. I'm working now to have it logging the time to a GDrive Spreadsheet so will always have it on the cloud.
    • when my wife leaves her phone at home (how can women not carry their phones at all times?) I get all ger missed calls on an AutoNotification and I can call it from an actionbutton.
    • implementation of "Bike Mode", which reads me messages from selected messengers (when headphones plugged in), so I don't have to stop to know if something important arrived.
    • AutoNotification on my PC allows me to skip, play/pause or set music as favorite on Google Play Music played on the phone.
    • Tasker toggle on homescreen: to start Spootify and read sms in headphones, to get location and pick contact to send sms, to read calendar for todays meeting with custmer and fill a pdf form with name, adress etc., to load a scene and send alot of sms to one person (you will get their attention :D), to recordsound, to activate pinlock, to activate wrong lockcode twice, record audio and take photo then email them, to activate Sony Cover widget.made with scenes. (In progress). Needed more info on screen, to mute all sound channels.
    • when ringing daytime: speak first name of caller and ringing.
    • when ringing evning only speak name of caller.
    • when received sms speak first name and sms signal.
    • homeautomation lights on/off with voice/NFC/ charger for mobile turns of when tablet is fully charged.
    • bubble for sms with contactphoto as icon, press bubble opens conversation. (in progress).
    • laserdistancemeter with bluetooth pastes numbers in any document were the marker stands. I use pdf form as drawing.
    • a Swedish talking Clock.
    • and of course my morning task that gets me meetings, day, week, time, temperture, turn on the lights and if below -3C warns me to get warm underpants

And a link to somebody's blog about Tasker uses.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    valk791 likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you! Made the thread sticky and changed the prefix :)
    Hope more people contribute to it!

Here's one from me:

3. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

- Send Youtube URL to Eventghost for it to be downloaded and converted to MP3
    - Backup Alarm that triggers when I over sleep my other alarms to make sure I definitely do wake up
    - Send files from the PC to the Smartphone over WiFi

Those are my a little out of the ordinary Tasks :)

4. L.Drake

L.Drake Member

I'm currently converting my wife's old arc s to a secondary lock for my computers. If I leave defined wifis, it sends a lock message via autoremote to predefined systems, so that the script/client behind it locks the system and KEEPS it locked till I reenter the wifis.

(I do this to keep my eldest off of my work systems and out of my HTPC account.)

What I already did, is that I use it as a "Forgot my phone" kind of device. I paired it to my phone via buetooth, and if the device looses connection, an alarm is sounded.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  5. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

IP Webcam Pro has Tasker integration. I also use a home automation app called Imperihome. I used AutoRemote tasks to trigger the LED and reboot the phone in the Imperihome app. I had to export the tasks as apps. In Imperihome, I can set a widget to be an application. Once I tap on it you see the AR message go through and then watch the camera turn the LED for when it's dark, or reboot the phone as needed.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. شیرخدا

شیرخدا New Member

Hi all,
    A few things that I have made;

Contact based reminders that are set via voice and notify when being called by or calling said contact.

Tuning off vibration mode after set time that is chosen when turning on vibration mode.

Unlocking phone via voice pin, that changes according to the time of the day.

7. Insanity

Insanity New Member

Control home scenes/profiles based on location/calendar entries/driving/alarms/time/Kodi playing status/ect.

It's like having your own custom home screens when you need them.

8. Joshua Hamm

Joshua Hamm New Member

One thing I have created (but not perfected yet).

Baby Monitor that uses an old phone on my network with Motion/Sound Sensor app. If it receives enough sound/motion events in a given period, then it switches the Motion/Sound sensor off; turns on IP Web Cam and sends an auto remote message to my phone. That AR message triggers and alert on my phone and launches a WebCam viewer. That would also launch a scene that would allow me to send commands to the BabyMonitor
    i.e.
    Play Luliby
    Resume Monitoring
    Start Hangout (so the baby can hear your voice)
    etc...

9. z3us

z3us New Member

10. Gustavo Coelho

Gustavo Coelho New Member

Some of the stuff I created:
    - Logging the time I get to and leave work, including lunch time, to a local text file. Based on wi-fi network detection. I'm working now to have it logging the time to a GDrive Spreadsheet so will always have it on the cloud.
    - When my wife leaves her phone at home (how can women not carry their phones at all times?) I get all ger missed calls on an AutoNotification and I can call it from an action button.
    - Implementation of "Bike Mode", which reads me messages from selected messengers (when headphones plugged in), so I don't have to stop to know if something important arrived.
    - AutoNotifications on my PC allows me to skip, play/pause or set music as favorite on Google Play Music played on the phone.

joaomgcd likes this.
  11. nhmlb23

nhmlb23 New Member

These are some I made with help of others:

Tasker toggle on homescreen:

to start Spootify and read sms in headphones.
    to get location and pick contact to send sms,
    to read calendar for todays meeting with custmer and fill a pdf form with name, adress etc.
    to load a scene and send alot of sms to one person( you will get their attention :D ).
    to record sound.
    to activate pinlock.
    to activate wrong lockcode twice, record audio and take photo then email them.
    to activate Sony Cover widget.made with scenes. (In progress). Needed more info on screen.
    to mute all sound channels.

when ringing daytime: speak first name of caller and ringing.
    when ringing evning only speak name of caller.
    when received sms speak first name and sms signal.
    homeautomation lights on/off with voice/NFC/ charger for mobile turns of when tablet is fully charged.
    Bubble for sms with contactphoto as icon, press bubble opens conversation. (in progress).
    Laserdistancemeter with bluetooth pastes numbers in any document were the marker stands. I use pdf form as drawing.
    A Swedish talking Clock.
    And of course my morning task that gets me meetings, day, week, time, temperture, turn on the lights and if below -3C
    warns me to get warm underpants :D
    And some plugins were used: Autoinput, Autovoice, Autocontacts, Autonotification, Autobubble, Autoremote, Autoshare, Autocalendar.

12. RuggedHunter

RuggedHunter Member

I have an aotovoice recognized regex profile that uses AutoInput and AutoNotification to query my destination and eta, then matches the user defined variable with AutoContacts and sends an SMS with that information. It also uses Secure Settings to toggle the accessibility services on and off for the task.

mtneerndixie, Thahim and TomTcom like this.
  13. Thahim

Thahim Member

@Daniel D can u tell me how do u stop the ringer and let it read the name? Do you turn down the volume?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

14. inanc

inanc Member

In say action , use ringer stream and UNCHECK respect audio focus. This worked for me.

15. Thahim

Thahim Member

Can you share descriptions as xml of your projects?

16. inanc

inanc Member

Mine is a little complicated. It has a lot of action for my "Profiles". For your need ;
    State>phone>call>incoming

Task
    Alert>Say> write something like "%CNAME is calling". Set stream to Ringer. And dont forget to uncheck respect audio focus. It is checked as default.

This should say the caller name one time when there is an incoming call

Thahim likes this.
  17. Thahim

Thahim Member

Thanks @inanc

18. Thahim

Thahim Member

I have done it. It says caller name along with the ringer. Can i do something that it rings for 2 seconds than stops and says and again rings?

19. inanc

inanc Member

You can create a loop. To stop loop , use phone offhook profile.

20. ubergeekseven

ubergeekseven New Member

Automatically launch 360 vr YouTube video in cardboard mode.
    I have so many that I use. But I just came up with this because of how hard it is to deal with vr with kids. With this you can send the link to as many people or devices, from either chrome desktop or the YouTube app on your device.
    Plugins used: autoremote, autoshare,
    To send from browser: install autoremote extension and get devices and add your new device.
    Create a command with a prefix to filter. I used LaunchVR
    Choose your device or group of devices
    On the phone: create autoremote state with the command LaunchVR.
    Link to task with Browseurl and the variable %arcomm. That's the url being forwarded.
    Wait 2 seconds
    Auto input click on field ID "Enter virtual reality mode"
    To send from your device to another device:
    Sender: autoshare command "Launch VR"
    Task: autoremote message "LaunchVR=:=%astext"

Put the autoremote state profile on all of the receivers. With auto share, it's a little cumbersome if used by end users because you have to select share and then choose auto share and then choose the command. But I'm sure there's a way to create a scene that could clean everything up. I may do that if my end users have issues. Hopefully Google just adds this same ability to directly link to that view.

bobcrash likes this.
: ideas