Solved Reply to SMS sometimes never goes through

Discussion in 'Join' started by TBloop, Aug 21, 2019.

1. TBloop

TBloop New Member

Using the chrome extension for my Galaxy S9, sometimes when I try to reply to an SMS (or send one when my phone screen has been off a while), it will show the little "sending" circle next to the message seemingly forever until I press the fingerprint reader on my phone to wake it up, and it will then send immediately.

It maybe seems like my phone is going to sleep and isn't listening to the join extension sometimes? How can I fix this? In the app settings, "Allow background activity" is checked. (Note, i just noticed another setting below that called optimize battery usage, and i just set it to not optimized) but I dont know if that fixed it yet. Any other possible fixes?

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. soccerguy243

soccerguy243 New Member

I'd like to chime in too... I have a one plus 5T. I've already had join set to "don't optimize". I usually have no problem getting SMS notifications on the chrome extension.
    However, I often have the 1st sms message reply go quickly (and appear in textra) but then subsequent SMS messages get the "sending circle". This is all while on home wifi. My pc is connected via cat5.

The diagnostics on my join app on my andoird phone usually has "Receive push from server", "Push with direct GCM key" and "push without going through Join's server - didn't receive push after 5 seconds" errors. The more info link for the ports to open link doesn't work (404 error).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. Did you also look at the Recent app clear behaviour manager mentioned there?

5. soccerguy243

soccerguy243 New Member

Mine was already set to "normal clear"

: sms