AutoLocation Track phone falling

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Norman O., Jan 25, 2020.

1. Norman O.

Norman O. New Member

Hi Joao, congrats for your apps and handing over Tasker Dev, for which I'm a long time user.

Id like to create a profile which makes like Liberty Rider app: know that you are riding your motorcycle and knowing when the rider is falling on the ground, then triggering some actions like sending SMS..

The only action i know that could make the trick is phone tilting but i test making my phone falling in my bed and rolling, is hardly detected.
    Do you have any idea on how I could make that detected?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hhmm, I don't know how they're doing it but maybe they're analysing the accelerometer and looking for a pattern of large amount of acceleration followed by being stationary? could that be it?

3. Norman O.

Norman O. New Member

And nothing about sliding? What is this unknown activity?

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A6010 en utilisant Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

Unknown is when the phone doesn't know what you're doing... Maybe you could have AutoLocation monitor when you're driving and then check if you're standing still for 3 minutes straight for example. If that happens then something might be wrong.

5. Norman O.

Norman O. New Member

Yeah unfortunately, I can't test falling with the bike...

6. joaomgcd

Yeah :)
    Try it with walking instead. Walk around until it detects you walking, then stand still for 3 minutes. If that happens send an sms. Then simply replace walking with driving...

7. Norman O.

Norman O. New Member

Ok, thx. This is a profile I can manage.
    The problem is that the'falling' activity is hard to discover.
    Maybe if i have the phone on a moto stand, but should be positioned whether horizontally (180°) or maybe 170 or 160, is there any way to discover this position ? I know tasker can't discover intermediate positions such this one.

8. joaomgcd

But maybe that's not even needed, right? If the phone is still for a few minutes after driving does that not mean that something is wrong?

9. ponkieponkz

ponkieponkz New Member

Wouldn't it send an SMS every time you pull up at the lights if you would do this?

I read an interesting piece of text about this, and decided it goes over my head.
    https://thesai.org/Downloads/Volume...tion_using_Smartphone_Acceleration_Sensor.pdf

Pretty nifty how they do it tho...
    This goes into detail.

10. joaomgcd

Yeah, that does seem very intricate. Unfortunately Tasker doesn't have the capabilities yet to react to such specific accelerator data. Maybe in a future update...

But about your issue, pulling up at the lights will only keep you still for a few seconds right? I was thinking something like, if you're still for more than 2 minutes then something is wrong... Do you think that would work?

: Ride, Fall, Tilting, Tilt