Solved No Chrome Notifications

Discussion in 'Join' started by kimocal, Dec 11, 2015.

1. kimocal

kimocal New Member

I am not receiving notifications in Chrome. Whenever I try to open the Notifications popup it closes immediately. Using Version 49.0.2587.3 canary.

**EDIT**
    Notifications are working on another computer though that is running Version 48.0.2564.41 beta-m of Chrome.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you push stuff to that Canary version? Like web pages?

3. kimocal

kimocal New Member

I cannot push a web page to the Canary build (Chrome #1).
    canary.png

The beta chrome version (Chrome #2) is able to receive pushes and nottifications.
    regular_chrome.png

I can downgrade the Canary build to regular chrome to fix the issue unless you like to use me as beta tester?

4. joaomgcd

Maybe the Canary build has an issue with GCM? It's best to wait til it's out of canary :) thanks!

5. kimocal

kimocal New Member

Ok I'll just downgrade the canary build to regular chrome.

**EDIT**

Working as expected with standard Chrome.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  6. boom

boom New Member

Hi, I can't figure out why Join won't send notifications to Chrome. On the mobile app the Notification service is turned on, Chrome is selected in Notification Devices and specific Notification Apps are also selected. When I get the notifications from those apps, they are not sent to Chrome. When I tap "Send Now", I get "There are no notifications to send currently", even though they are still there and haven't been dismissed. I'm using Chrome v48.0.2564.116 m (64-bit). The Send Notification To Chrome test in Diagnostics is successful.

7. joaomgcd

Hi there @boom . Can you give me an example of an app that does what you mentioned?

8. boom

boom New Member

Hi, @joaomgcd. Don't know what happened, but notifications started working yesterday. Maybe a restart was needed. However, now I cannot dismiss the notifications on my PC. Maybe I don't understand something; should those notifications be dismissed on the phone as well when I close them on my PC (click on 'x') - or not?

9. joaomgcd

Yes, when you click the X, notifications should be dismissed from your phone (unless they are SMS notifications)

10. boom

boom New Member

Neither one of them are dismissed from phone and I've been trying and testing for two days now. I've tested Facebook, Textra, Messenger, Viber and Push Notification Tester app. Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

P.S. It seems th Push Notification Tester notifications aren't even getting through to PC

11. joaomgcd

Can you please run the diagnostics tests in the chrome extension options page? thanks

12. boom

boom New Member

Everything passes successfuly.

13. joaomgcd

What happens when you click the Send Now option in the Android app's->Settings->Notifications screen?

14. boom

boom New Member

As you can see on the screenshot, I have two Viber notifications active. When I tap the Send Now option, it says that there are no notifications to send.

When I click the Viber notification on PC, it opens up Viber on the phone, which in turn dismisses it. But that works only if I manually unlock the phone every time. If I just click 'x' to close it, it disappears from Chrome, but on the phone nothing happens.

Screenshot_2016-03-16-14-33-15.png

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  15. joaomgcd

Can you let me know what Android version you're using? Thanks

16. boom

boom New Member

It's 4.4.2, build G900FXXU1ANJ1

17. joaomgcd

Wait, just to clarify, how did the viber notifications show up on your pc? You said they weren't syncing, right?

18. boom

boom New Member

No, as I said in #8, the notifications are showing on the PC. The Viber notifications are syncing. However, I cant' dismiss them on phone from my PC. You said to test the Send Now option on the mobile app, so I did. This is the scenario:

1. Viber notifications appear on the phone and shortly after that on the PC too
    2. I close them (click on 'x') on the PC, but they stay on the phone
    3. I open the Join app on the phone and tap the Send Now option in Settings->Notifications screen
    4. App says "There are no notifications to send currently" even though they are still up on the phone (as you can see in the screenshot)

19. joaomgcd

Very weird.

What if you expand your notification bar after doing that? They'll still be there?

What if you dismiss them on your phone. Do they disappear from your PC?

20. boom

boom New Member

Yes, they are there when I expand the bar. If I dismiss them on the phone, they disappear on the PC too.