AutoRemote Autoremote Notification vs. Autonotification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by easiuser, May 12, 2015.

1. easiuser

easiuser Member

I am able to set up an autonotification with two buttons and two AN profiles (triggered on action value) on device A.

I would like to send an Autoremote Notification from device B to device A.

I populated the ID, button actions, button labels and button icons exactly the same values on device B and sent the AR notification to device A.

The notification came up on device A but the profiles do not respond to the buttons and I cannot cancel the notification using the same ID.

Missing something obvious? I know I could embed all the information in an AR message and create the notification on device A but was hoping I could do it directly.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The AutoRemote Notifications buttons trigger AutoRemote tasks, the AutoNotifications trigger AutoNotification tasks. They don't work with eachother. :) If you want a single profile to handle both use AutoApps Beta, and AutoNotification beta and then setup an AutoApps profile instead of AutoRemote or AutoNotification :)
    Get betas here
    Hope this helps

3. easiuser

easiuser Member

Thanks for the clarification. I am able to respond now to the buttons but cannot seem to cancel the notification except with an AutoNotification cancel with the cancel all ticked. Is there any way to target the specific notification for cancellation when I tap one of the buttons?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can cancel with the AutoRemote Notification action and specifying an id there :)

5. easiuser

easiuser Member

Not terribly intuitive but found it thanks