AutoRemote Autoremote retry increase or alarm

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete_Repeat, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I have seen posts requesting to have disabling the retry but I actually want more retries or an alarm when it doesn't go through.

On occasions I have difficulties with autoremote messages going through Typically they work straight away, sometimes it requires a few retries but sometimes it goes the full 5 retries. Same devices and same conditions so not too sure why it's not always reliable.

If autoremote has an option to retry more times then that might solve my problem. Or at least an obvious alarm when there is a problem.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. What kind of communication is that with? Direct Wifi or Bluetooth?

3. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I've had it with local wifi, but I also get it when on an external network (one phone on 4g and the other on work wifi)

I think refreshing the devices on autoremote on the phone sending the message seems to help the local wifi problems most of the time.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh, yeah, that's probably the issue. Your phone probably changes IP and the other devices don't know about it.

Use the action to send device info to your other devices so that they have updated info and that should help :)