Solved Clipboard limit on android

Discussion in 'Join' started by PmF111, Jan 7, 2018.

1. PmF111

PmF111 New Member

Hi João.

I've looked into all the settings, but can't find any solution to this. When I push some link to an android device it gets pasted in the clipboard in full, but when I go to the Push History > This device the link is truncated, and I can't copy the full link again.

However, if I access any of the devices push history from a PC/Chromebook via the chrome addon, although it shows only part of it, I can select and copy the full link.

Is there a way to show and copy the full link, regardless of its length?

Thanks in advance
    Pedro

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you please give me an example of a link that does that? Thanks!

3. PmF111

PmF111 New Member

Hi João.

I noticed it does it only if you "paste to clipboard" from a PC. If I send a link directly from other android, It shows it complete.

Example Urls with this both scenarios attached

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

Oh, yeah, I did that because I didn't want massive walls of clipboard there that would make the whole thing unwieldy. Any reason why you can't push it as a URL?

5. PmF111

PmF111 New Member

If I push it as url (still have to see how to do it from the PC) and disable the automatic opening of received links, does it still copy it to the clipboard? Or am I missing some option? Sorry I don't have a computer to test right now.

Because my whole usage of Join relies on pushing stuff to the clipboard of several devices that are automated to do some usability tests.

6. PmF111

PmF111 New Member

I just tested the "send current tab" option and it doesn't copy to the clipboard, just stays in the push history.

A workaround is obviously to push the url and paste in the clipboard every time. If I can suggest something, the possibility to copy any text (full form) by long pressing it on the push history would be much appreciated. I understand why you don't want to show the full link, but there should still be a way to copy it on android (like we can from a PC)

Thanks again

7. joaomgcd

Ok, that makes sense. I'll try fixing that for the next version, thanks!

8. joaomgcd

: clipboard, limits