AutoTools Disable and enable your lock screen at will (No Root!)

Learn how you can make your phone lock when the screen turns off only when you're not at home

1. LarryK

LarryK New Member

I have been using this on my Galaxy S8, and on a S9 and it has worked fine. My S9 just updated from Oreo to Pie, and now this isn't working any longer. It always asks for the fingerprint to unlock. The notification on the "shade" shows the correct tasker name is in use...Did something change?

2. svyatk0

svyatk0 New Member

Have similar problem on my Note 9 with Android 9. The task just wont work, and no error is showing as far as i can see. (see log attached)

Attached Files:

3. mk89

mk89 New Member

Any progress on this? Any way to make it work like with Good lock routines on android pie ?

4. Robert B

Robert B New Member

Works fine on my Note 9 with Pie on it

5. scotts

scotts Member

Something similar has happened to me as well when I upgraded to Pie. If I manually set 'lock_screen_lock_after_timeout' for anything longer than the max 30 mins listed, it resorts to immediate lock.

Note 8
    Pie
    Standard, non-rooted ROM

Edit: Seems if I switch to using the Custom Settings Action instead of the function in AutoTools it works, though it must be in milliseconds.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  6. Sluca

Sluca New Member

Hi
    Could you explain more in depth how you fixed this? I also have a non-rooted Note 8 on Pie and the Android “Lock automatically” setting makes it impossible for Tasker to go beyond the 30 minute maximum. Thanks in advance!

7. scotts

scotts Member

Not much detail here. I switched to using the Custom Setting Action in Tasker/Settings instead of from within the AT plugin.

8. Marius Moldovan

Marius Moldovan New Member

You went to new Task/Settings/Custom Settings/ and after that what did you choose? Type=Secure and then choose lock_screen_lock_after_timeout and value (I put 999000 for seconds).. Does it work witout choosing root?